Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Shower Faucet Dripping

Hello All,

The shower Faucet on my 2017 Micro Minnie drips every so often. The handle do not have a lot of friction when turning, so think they don't shut off as expected.

I not sure who makes these, they look like an older model of the Dura SA100 as the handles do not have an access plug to remove them.

Does anyone know if the handles just pry off on mine as I'm hoping I can replace the seals inside.

First picture is mine second is from searching Dura SA100
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220621_194417[1].jpg
Views:	41
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	183294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dura SA100_2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	183295  

Old 06-22-2022, 03:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not having that faucet, I would however say somewhere on the handle is a screw of some sort to hold it in place. I would be surprised if it just pulls off.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:29 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Hello All,

The shower Faucet on my 2017 Micro Minnie drips every so often. The handle do not have a lot of friction when turning, so think they don't shut off as expected.

I not sure who makes these, they look like an older model of the Dura SA100 as the handles do not have an access plug to remove them.

Does anyone know if the handles just pry off on mine as I'm hoping I can replace the seals inside.

First picture is mine second is from searching Dura SA100
Lyle, Does your water drip from the faucet or the weep hole below where the shower hose connects to? There is a check valve/backflow preventer built into that fitting where the hose screws on, if it drips from the weep hole while the shower is running and a few minutes after the shower is turned off, I believe your faucet is fine. Our OEM shower faucet dripped from the weep hole as does our the replacement that I installed with round handles.

I don't believe the handles can be removed from the OEM faucet. If the water is dripping from the handle, I believe you'll need to replace the whole faucet, but I can't say I studied the OEM faucet that close to know for sure.

We replaced our shower unit to more closely match the round handled faucet we installed on the vanity sink. One of our cats learned they could turn the water on in the vanity sink using the lever style handle. We also had the change out our lever style handles at home.

Fred
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I first have to say I've not worked on that faucet, so some guessing involved!
But if we think about how it has to be built,I would certainly look for some form of set screw, etc to release the handles.

My thought is that they have to add the faucet body to the back with the stems going through the metal plate and then they would add the handles and attach them in some way.

But that is the thought for normal and RV are often "not normal"!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:09 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I totally agree their must be something holding the handles on, I have to look closer today, last night, I did determine the arm of the handle does unthread from the turn. Maybe there is something at that point.

Fred, as I'm on a mission confirming I have no more leaks as the trailer being new to us and found a few, I have left the water pump on 24/7 (still at home).

What I'm finding is maybe a 1/4 oz of water on the shower floor (drip off the hose loop). I wipe it up come back 24 hours later and find water again. Shower had not been turned on between observations). Not a huge issue except we put stuff in the the shower while travelling and I don't want it getting wet.

I installed the quick shutoff yesterday just so we can pause the shower without turning off the taps or reaching up to the shower head. My next revision will be to put a tapered plastic plate behind the hand held shower mount so the water comes out in a more downward stream for us short people. lol
Old 06-22-2022, 10:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I think theremay beone of two things, an actual leak to fix OR the design is menat toletwater in the hose drip back out as a way to keep from leaving water in the hose for winter.
We make it a habit to always lay the hose down in the hsower floor as we do the winterise but if one doesn't do that and they do not have the drip, there is a good chance the water stays in the hose and freezes. So I find most RV faucets made to drip out after the shower.
Carefull checking for where exactly the water comes out?

On the handles, I find some really hard to spot a tiny setscrew and maybe even under a tiny little metal cap to make it harder to spot!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If it can't be fixed, you may want to look into replacing it with a thermostatic mixer. It's on my list of upgrades that I want, but don't need.

https://www.amazon.com/Bathroom-Ther...ustomerReviews
rstraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I talked with Dura Customer Service today and the Winnebago utilized product is not a Dura faucet nor manufactured by Dura.

It is a knockoff of their Classic Shower set up. To repair it is possible, one would have to purchase the Dura's DF-RKC handles and their DF-RK200 cartridge.

More cost effective to replace the whole thing with their DF-SA100 faucet if you want the same look.

Consumers that go the first route do so to avoid removing the unit from the wall and playing with the water line hookup.

The single handle DF-SA150 is a better unit as it utilizes a ceramic cartridge.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Fortunately you have that nice access plate to facilitate replacement so it should be a relatively easy job.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Having done this before because our faucets were loose, you need to remove the plate, 4 screws. The plate is where the faucets are attached. First make sure the faucets are tight and then make sure the cold and hot lines are tight to the faucets. Before you put back the plate be sure you have all the old silicone removed from the plate and wall. Then add new silicone, sides and top only, before replacing the plate.
Jerry in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Hi all,

I took the original set clone taps off (DF-SA100) and checked for oring/seal damage and none was present. The stainless plate that the seal pushes against looked a little convex, I straightened it best I could reassembled and with the pump on still dripped from shower head with taps in off position.

I ordered the single handle unit with ceramic cartridge this morning, will replace the handheld shower head next.

Heard the Oxygenics is a well liked replacement to the original.

Tags
shower