Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Response to Micro Minnie FLX Promotional Email

Received a Winnebago Email this morning touting the Micro Minnie FLX with the same exact marketing they used in 2022! Not that it was wrong but with all the crap we went through to figure out the Electrical system it left a bad taste in my mouth.
So I responded with the following in the comment tab,

“The Micro Minnie FLX package is truly an innovation in towables. Not just the electrical system comprised of; Lithionics battery, GoPower charger, and Xantrex Inverter but the suite of Truma environmental systems; A/C, Water heater, and Furnace.

Unfortunately the 2022 roll out of the new FLX line was a royal cluster FLuX!
After initially being on the wait list for a 2108ds (fabulous floorplan) we requested being moved to the FLX version upon hearing about it. Spent the time searching for whatever information we could find about the new systems - basically nothing available. Dealers knew nothing but assured us they would be receiving “Factory” training before delivery.

The Truma gear? Top notch nothing but acclaim for the A/C, water heater and Furnace, all integrated and controlled through the wall mounted control. Simple, intuitive, efficient! Excellent manuals.

But lets cut to the chase,…
Many of us arrived home, with our long awaited new state of the art trailers, in a “dead” state - no power! And, No, ZERO information/documentation on the Electrical system, a manual on the Xantrex inverter/charger, and the GoPower solar charger a QR code!! On the side of the battery compartment but NOTHING on how the system was to be operated or configured to operate as a system!
Frantic, and frustrating, calls to the dealer were of no help they had NOT received any training, or information, beyond marketing, on the FLX package. Contacting Winnebago Towables we learned that the FLX components were NOT configured at the factory prior to delivery rather each component was left in a default configuration inappropriate for the FLX LiFePo battery system. Dealers were in the same uninformed state.

That left many of us to fend for ourselves contacting GoPower, Lithionic and Xantrex tech personnel in search of information on proper configuration parameters for the system. Coordinating on various Winnebago Owner on-line boards and sharing what we learned, I believe we have arrived at the proper configuration parameters and an understanding of how the system operates and should be operated/maintained. Winnebago has, I believed, been configuring the FLX Electrical system properly prior to customer delivery, but has yet to offer any system documentation to users/owners!
One remaining open issue, I believe, is the utilization of the Solar-on-the-Side port with the FLX Electrical system.

Bottom line is, once correctly configured, the Micro minnie FLX Electrical system isu a robust, well designed system with all the credit going to Lithionics, Xantrex and GoPower, and a massive Black eye for winnebago.”

Sure, I feel like this, but its off my chest. 🙄
-steve
Attached Images

SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote