Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2023, 03:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

FLX owners - Email from Winnebago about 2nd Battery?

Like some of you, I got the same email from Winnebago about adding a second Lithionics 320Ah battery for $3600.

However, all I've been able to get out of them is that is the price for the battery alone and you're on your own for installation/etc. They did not answer if it would be covered under the existing warranty or extended warranty. I know that Winnebago completed its acquisition of Lithionics recently, so I feel like it should be, but it would be nice to see it in writing.

Are any of you other FLX owners thinking about taking them up on it? It's been a while since I looked and the last time I saw a price for that specific battery, it was $4500.
Were any of you able to get any more information out of Winnebago or a dealer about this?

We've had decent luck with ours being off-grid during some fall & spring camping in California, although that was with nearly 0 usage of the AC unit. That is most certainly the biggest power draw for us. Having 640Ah would be nice, though.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I got the same email. I'm interested in the idea of a 2nd battery at $3600. But, I'm not sure about what all I would have to do for install. Living in Texas, off-grid is almost impossible this time of year so a 2nd battery would be awesome.
mg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 07:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I emailed them with the same questions and never got a response. I find it annoying they send an email and say call or respond to the email and then they don’t respond. I’d be interested at $3600 even if I have to install myself. I’m curious what others are hearing that have had time to call during business hour.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I got back a copy of the dealer installation guide and that's about it. They didn't answer any of my other questions.

We are 100% ready to go ahead and do it but Winnebago seems *really* unprepared to answer questions about it.
Old 07-20-2023, 06:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Do you mind sharing the dealer installation guide?
Cannoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, winnebago