Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2023, 05:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Packing/Loading a 2021 Micro Minnie 2108DS

Hello to all,
Just wondering how you pack your TT, before your trips and in between stops. We pull our 2021, 2108DS TT with a full size dodge with a Hemi. Our trailer has the 3700lb axles. Thanks Ron
RonW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 06:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW58 View Post
Hello to all,
Just wondering how you pack your TT, before your trips and in between stops. We pull our 2021, 2108DS TT with a full size dodge with a Hemi. Our trailer has the 3700lb axles. Thanks Ron
Good morning. Not many answers here. I guess others are like me and are not sure what you mean by "how you pack your TT". For a trip we pack clothes, food, meds, cameras, and anything else that we need or think we will need. Of course, personal protective equipment. Snorkeling gear stays packed. On some trips I will put the DirecTV dish in along with the DTV receiver. Try asking your question again with more specifics. Happy camping.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Good morning Bigbird65,

Sorry for the confusion in my post. So I’m asking how people pack things like folding tables, bug tents, outdoor rugs. Does anyone pack any big items like that in the camper. We carry our folding solar on the bed. I know a lot depends where and what type of camping you are doing if we are boondocking, gen and gas go in the back of the truck. I guess my question really is does anyone pack large items in the camper to help distribute weight. Thanks Ron
Old 07-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The outdoor rug gets rolled and folded. It stores under one of the dinette seats. The eBike folds and stores on the truck bed as does the generator and gasoline. The grill stand also goes on the truck bed along with folding chairs. The grill goes in the passthrough.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 11:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We try to keep our tongue weight at about 600#. That’s the sweet spot for towing comfort. But we also need to stay under TV rear GAWR. What works for us may not work for all 2108ds owners. This was from trial and error. Mostly taking weight out of TV and putting it in the pass through. Here’s our load out:

Lightest stuff in the TV truck bed, including 2 empty 7gal Reliance jugs.
1/2-2/3 tank of fresh water
Empty waste tanks.
Case of drinking water under the dinette
Plastic bagged bedding and kitchen bin in shower: 10#
27gal waste tote on bumper: 30#
In the pass thru:
LiFePo4 battery, inverter/charger, and charge controllers: 68#
Blackstone Adventure: 38#
2500w d/f generator: 39#
Road hazard stuff and emergency gear like shovel: 30#
Camp chairs, folding table: 15#
Grass rig/mat: 9#
Fresh water gear: 15#
X-chocks, drills: 10#
All ground tackle in tongue mounted tool box: 25#
Two full 20# propane tanks on tongue: 60#

We try to load consistently, as this load gives us near perfect level balance when coupler is on the ball.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:20 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hey Ron, boy, that's an open ended query!

GVWR (TT / TV), payload and tongue weight are your guide. CAT scales are confirmation. Fully laden, my rig is around 5300 lbs and my payload with two people and a full tank (35 gal.) is maxed out at 1500 so I'll always try to reduce weight wherever I can.

To decide on what to pack, I break my heavy gear out into two categories, "must have" and "nice to have". Tools, spare parts, backup power/refrigeration and my e-bike/accessories add up to ~300 lbs. and have always been must haves.

My needs vary almost every trip as I venture out in different environments, time frames and calendars. Since I do a lot of beach camping, Must haves are umbrellas and a wind shelter. If I camp in the woods, It's a large screen tent. If I don't use something in a calendar year, it usually goes into storage. As far as a outdoor carpet, even if I don't use it all the time, especially on a short stay, it's a must have to keep out dirt.

I own a Blackstone griddle which I love but since I mostly travel solo, its too much weight for the benefit it supplies. It's nice to have but unfortunately now stays home. In it's place, I assembled a complete first-aid/trauma kit. To me, it's a must have not just personally, but for anyone on the road that may be in distress.

If you're organized and distribute correctly, you'll be able to pretty much take whatever you need.

Happy travels!
Old 07-20-2023, 01:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the responses, have a good idea of what you’re doing and is very helpful. Ron