Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2023, 08:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Electrical Help for Newbie Micro Minnie FLX

Micro Minnie FLX

Why would:

Slide make a quick noise, but not move
Tongue jack not move
Stabilizer not move
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can't answer most of your questions but the tongue jack is usually connected to the battery through a fuse. Do you have a multimeter (voltmeter) and have you checked the battery voltage at the battery?
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #3
Site Team

On the standard Micro Minnie, there is a resettable fuse between the battery and the travel trailer. It is located on the A frame or under the leading edge of the trailer. It can pop and it disables everything on the TT including the Jacks, slides, stabilizers. When this happens folks just push the button on the fuse (a red colored block with two raised dimples) to restore electricity.

Here is a post from another thread here that shows the photo of the fuse.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3931730

But I have no idea if this applies to the FLX version of the Micro Minnie or not. So, this may not be applicable to your situation.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Yeah, I don't think the FLX has that. So odd. About the only thing I can think of is battery.

I also do not seem to be charging battery.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Do you have a multimeter (voltmeter) and have you checked the battery voltage at the battery?
Old 08-01-2023, 09:31 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinInCO View Post
Yeah, I don't think the FLX has that. So odd. About the only thing I can think of is battery.

Ask the Lithionics engineer, username "electric" here for specific help. Here's a link to his help thread:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...es-366502.html
Old 08-01-2023, 09:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:

How do you know the FLX does not have that pushbutton breaker that creativepart mentioned? Have you looked?

Old 08-01-2023, 09:35 AM   #8
Site Team

I would not be surprised that the FLX does not have that fuse. It's a totally different battery setup. Perhaps member, "Electric" will know this answer as I suggested.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I would not be surprised that the FLX does not have that fuse. It's a totally different battery setup. Perhaps member, "Electric" will know this answer as I suggested.
If you ever come across a drawing of the FLX DC circuitry please post it here. I would like to save a copy. Thanks
Old 08-01-2023, 10:09 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

There is a breaker, check my post here #171

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3936512

That should reset your charging, it did for me.

For slideout controller, check your controller, mine blew up:

The battery does power the tongue jack and stabilizers, when my power system failed, none of that would work.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The FLX has one relay on the front with a small reser that did the trick. Did not think anything would be up there. It also cause one flashing light on the go power to go solid green vs flashing.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Flashing = charging
Solid = not charging

Is it beeping?
Old 08-01-2023, 10:37 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
The FLX has one relay on the front with a small reser that did the trick. Did not think anything would be up there. It also cause one flashing light on the go power to go solid green vs flashing.
Congratulations, glad you found it. Suggestion, buy a multimeter and learn how to use it, especially since you have a highly electronic FLX.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:27 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Yes the FLX definitely has that (undocumented) breaker. It has been the root of several mysterious outages reported on Microminnie and Microminnie FLX, posts. The “always on” components; slide, jack and stabilizers all are powered through this elusive breaker.
An added wrinkle with the FLX is a yet unresolved roll in the solar-on-the-side wiring. As Downytide mentions.
Welcome to the FLX “adventure”

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:14 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

As part of adventure, we discovered more mystery breakers along the system that no one has explanation for, I'm gonna buy the repair shop a digital camera just for this trailer to snap photos as it's pretty much torn apart on the chassis end, they also think one issue it's gonna come up for FLX package is the poor ground, the ground is currently done via self tapping screw.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:49 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downytide View Post
As part of adventure, we discovered more mystery breakers along the system that no one has explanation for, I'm gonna buy the repair shop a digital camera just for this trailer to snap photos as it's pretty much torn apart on the chassis end, they also think one issue it's gonna come up for FLX package is the poor ground, the ground is currently done via self tapping screw.
Wow! Why is it torn apart?
Old 08-02-2023, 10:13 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

That Junction Box

Have a look here
Member Tinglett on another thread of Non FLX Micro Minnies as done great work at documenting what that group has uncovered.
The post in the link above shows where the SOS port connects within the Junction box. This looks reasonable for a Non FLX implementation with out a solar charger i.e., connects directly to ground and battery. It also shows the presence of a load side battery disconnect switch, as well as breakers not present in the FLX configuration. (unless Downytide's tear down is uncovering them?)

Presumably the FLX implementation, given Electrics explanations, should be wired differently. I'd be curious what your "tear down" uncovers.

A couple of posts below the link above is a "nice" picture of the spaghetti in the junction box with explanations of the connections. Massive Kudos to Tinglett and that group ferreting out this level of information!

-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:47 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Wow! Why is it torn apart?
In short, the power system failed twice that ended up with lots of smoke and almost a fire.

There's no cause yet, but it's being worked on and trying find a solution to this.

@SactoSteve , so the repair shop believes that FLX package is built on the standard MicroMinnie frame, then seems to be modified along assembly that's not recorded, there are some stuff that baffles WGO as it doesn't show in the drawings.

One thing they discovered is that the AC lines come out of Xantrex and runs directly under the slideout, instead of chassis, which can very very easily get pinched when slide out is closing, they are documenting all this, they are also finding bunch of bad grounds, screws literately gone through the wires so there are bare wires behind the panel where the TV sits.
Old 08-06-2023, 06:27 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Ours had to have slide component’s replaced under warranty. It was not going out straight. Another upgrade in components from original.
VineVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:38 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Exclamation Possible dead cells on batteries?

Quote:
Micro Minnie FLX

Why would:

Slide make a quick noise, but not move
Tongue jack not move
Stabilizer not move
Low voltage or a dying/dead battery usually causes that kind of problem. Plug in the trailer so the power is coming from the converter. Unless you have dead cells in the battery the power to the battery should still reach a voltage and ampacity level that will make the devices work. There is no way that all three motors have cooked! But it is entirely possible that a connection is loose or there are dead cells in the battery(ies). First and foremost check the connections and the actual voltage state of the battery under no load with a good VOM and the voltage when on charge from the converter.

If there is inadequate resting voltage from the battery(ies) then disconnect them and try with just the trailer plug in and no batteries in the circuit. The inverter/chargers on TT have enough ampacity at 12 volts to run devices they are designed to run the 12 volt system completely independently of the battery if necessary. If this was not the case travel trailers with dead or discharged batteries would be a nightmare with a slide out even in campgrounds with shore power.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, newbie