Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have had my new 23 foot Class C Winnebago Aspect for ten days now and I live on Vancouver Island so about 5 hours away from the dealership where I bought it, I love the machine and all the features but I have a problem. I noticed in the outside storage compartment below where the fresh water tank is the carpet in the compartment is wet, condensation on the inner sides and if I look up to the tank the four screw holes are all rusty. Called Winnebago and they agreed to let my local Rv repairmen fix it and to send them the bill, so the first thing I did was buy a small mold heater to dry out the compartment and let the fresh air get to it because the smell was bad, over the weekend dried it out great, took it back to the repair guy and he sprayed water over the outside of the coach and no leaks there, but this morning the carpet is wet and smelly again without rain overnight. My repairmen tells me he thinks it is condensation and that the compartment needs air to filter through, any ideas and advice, sorry for the long post, Les
mexicokid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have had my new 23 foot Class C Winnebago Aspect for ten days now and I live on Vancouver Island so about 5 hours away from the dealership where I bought it, I love the machine and all the features but I have a problem. I noticed in the outside storage compartment below where the fresh water tank is the carpet in the compartment is wet, condensation on the inner sides and if I look up to the tank the four screw holes are all rusty. Called Winnebago and they agreed to let my local Rv repairmen fix it and to send them the bill, so the first thing I did was buy a small mold heater to dry out the compartment and let the fresh air get to it because the smell was bad, over the weekend dried it out great, took it back to the repair guy and he sprayed water over the outside of the coach and no leaks there, but this morning the carpet is wet and smelly again without rain overnight. My repairmen tells me he thinks it is condensation and that the compartment needs air to filter through, any ideas and advice, sorry for the long post, Les
Old 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Could it possibly be a leak at one of the fittings to the water tank?? Those compartments are not airtight and there should be circulation in there already. Check all the fittings for the water tank to make sure they are dry. The leak could be some distance away from where you are noticing the results.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Give this LINK a look may help you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #5

We have a similar problem with our Sightseer. It's a slow leak but there is water in the compartment--and dripping out of it--below the fresh water tank. We can feel moisture along the lines (tubing) running out of the tank. As Kazoo Tom suggested, the water (leak) may be traveling along the outside of your water lines some distance from the actual source. Ours is being repaired as I write this but you probably have a similar issue. Those compartments are not air-tight so condensation should not be a problem, even on the west coast. Have your technician troubleshoot a fresh water line leak from the tank vicinity. Take your Aspect to your dealership (ah, warranties, aren't they great?) and have them hunt down a leak from the fresh water tank and/or its lines. Good luck!
ejlcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the advice just got back from the dealership and they told me that i did not dry the compartment out enough, they used a high pressure vacuum to dry it and I have to check it each day they think the water got into the compartment when they detailed it and someone did not lock the compartment properly. I am not too happy with this especially as the dealership is 5 hours including a ferry trip away. I hope there is not water or condensation in it tomorrow, thanks to all of you..
Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I had a 2001 Brave with a water leak in the compartment by the water tank looked for weeks to find leak back and forth from dealer with no luck they even replaced the door seal. Then one day I was looking at the compartment I notice POP-Rivets on the outside on the door seal. you can't see them with the door shut so water test did not work. But when driveing down the road in a rain storm the water splashs up onto the Rivets . I put silicone on the rivet head the problem was fix. Good Luck