Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2024, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

eatSleepWoof gets a 2022 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

Hi folks,

This forum was quite helpful in my research before the purchase, so I thought I'd make a thread here to keep track of my (future) updates/modifications to the trailer. I always end up modifying/improving whatever vehicles I have, and this trailer will be no different.

I picked up this brand-new, old-stock 2022 2108FBS yesterday morning just south of Calgary, and towed it 7+ hours back home to BC. My tow vehicle is a 2014 LX570, which made easy work of this light trailer. Tow home was uneventful, light and stable to the point of being too easy. The trailer seems to be well matched for the suspension setup.

The dealer made a mistake and used photos of another trailer in this trailer's ad, so after a 7+ hour drive to the dealer's location and an overnight stay, imagine my surprise when I saw a fold-out couch instead of the dinette, and a 12v GE fridge instead of the 120v/propane Dometic that was in the photos.

The dealer threw in an Andersen WD hitch and knocked a little more off our negotiated price for the mixup, so I'll make it work as-is.

First order of business will be installing two 100ah lithium batteries. I ordered the same ones I used on my last build, and will install them in the next few weeks/month (once I decide on location & attachment methods).

I used a Renogy battery monitor on my last build, and will likely install the same unit here.

Another short-term item will be utilizing the table-leg structure on the couch to support a "baby fence" along the couch length, so that my 7 month old can sleep on the (folded) couch without risk of rolling off.

Other planned mods:
- DC/DC charger in the tow vehicle + hook up to trailer
- Inverter
- TPMS
- Possibly removing the couch altogether and building a custom dinette/bunk bed setup. I've got ideas in my head, and experience shows that's how it starts
- Likely completely rebuilding all drawers... properly.
- MaxxAir fan in place of the current central fan

We never camp in places with hookups, so the microwave will likely be removed for extra storage, and the TV will be removed, too. Might even get rid of the AC and install a skylight, but not in the near future.

Beyond that I'm sure there will be plenty of room for little improvements in storage/convenience here and there. Thankfully I don't need to bother with lifting this trailer (that's a first for me).

Looking forward to a lot of fun times in the great outdoors!

If anyone's interested, here are a my last two projects:
- 2017 Mirage 6x12 Cargo Trailer conversion
- 2019 Hymer GT Touring 550 build

Both of these were fun, but limiting in their own ways. The winnie should be a much better option!
eatSleepWoof is online now   Reply With Quote