Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Brand new 2023 Adventurer 35F shower gets no hot water

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can assist me. I just bought this and went to shower the first morning and although I get hot water everywhere else, no matter how long I run the hot water position in the shower, it does not get hot. The second morning I tried running it longer and perhaps it went up a degree or two it was still too cold. Thanks in advance.
Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Isn't it a ball of fun to have new toys and they drive us crazy?

But there is hope as this may turn out to be an easy one1 A few tests or may7be a quick look is better? If you are hooked and have the heater on, test the other faucets for getting only semi-warm water?
OR if not convenient to do that, amybe a quick look at the water heater bypass may be a clue.
Your parts catalog is an interactive setup so we can turn things all around and get a good look at where and what we have that is hidden behind the walls!
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Doing a check there, I spot a heater bypass valve right at the rear of the heater and if it is left in the bypass or only partly closed, it can let a lot of water go past the heater and you can get 20% hot mixed with 80% cold. We may notice this more in a shower than other places??
Click image for larger version

Name:	bypass.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	186230

Look at the handle for it being aligned with the tubing going into the back of the heater, not up and down which sends water around the heater to the faucets.

Click this snip for better view!

The little yellow item at the bottom with the handle shown in "normal" position. Maybe overlooked when getting out of winterized?

But that is a quickie guess and open to being wrong, so proceed with a grain of salt and let us know?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply. I do get hot water on all the taps, just the shower that does not.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:40 PM   #4
Site Team

It sounds to me like there is a problem in the shower control valve(s). Can you take it apart to see if something looks odd? Is it possible that something is blocking the hot water supply side?
Old 06-08-2023, 07:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Okay, if the easy fiz is not working and the valve is set right, I would move to the other options, even though more difficult.
Is this something you feel you want to fix DIY or is it time for a trip to the dealer?
I might tend to go back on a new RV!

But the fix may depend on what experience you have with faucets. They can be reasonably simple or too much to bear. New is often better as they are not all frozen together, yet!

Since you do get hot water at the nearby faucets, that pretty well puts in into one of two places.
The faucet in the shwer may be a good place to look but may take a bit more study to get it apart to replace the cartridge. It also looks like it should come out of the wall somewhat easily?
Click these snips for better view of what I'm seeing.
Looks like a pretty standard single handle faucet where I would expect to find a cartidge that might need replaced?
Front

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	186263

Back with two nuts to remove lines

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	186261

But if those are not where you find the problem, the next best bet would seem to be something with the line from a manifold near the driver's rear corner. That is where the lines to the nearby faucet and the shower connect together, so if good to the first but not the second, I would have to look at this manifold. Perhaps they simply tied the shower line to the wrong manifold?
Not likely but somewhere between that manifold and the hsower is where I would go if not the faucet itself with a new cartidge as the best bet.
Before panic about the "manifold" name being something complex, keep in mind that it is just a setup like a tee, only more lines to connect! Not anything complex to deal with, just that the line may be kinked or not connected to the right spot!
Manifold

Name:	shower.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	186262

Name:	detail.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	186264
Old 06-11-2023, 06:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

If he has a shower miser could that cause his situation?
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Check if outside shower is on. Don't ask me why, but I've seen the same complaints that were fixed by turning off outside shower. Easy to check. Hope it works. Larry 2014 Reyo P
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfeat View Post
Check if outside shower is on. Don't ask me why, but I've seen the same complaints that were fixed by turning off outside shower. Easy to check. Hope it works. Larry 2014 Reyo P
Good suggestion. I have read that also.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 03:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfeat View Post
Check if outside shower is on.
+2 on this... Even if it's open at the knobs but no water is coming out because the water is off on the outdoor shower wand this can be the cause.

It's a long shot but a first place to check.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Getting hot water at all the other points except the shower seems to lead away from a system problem and put it more back into a single faucet issue.

But it's been more than a week, so we may never know!
Or they could just be busy and life got in the way?
Old 06-20-2023, 05:48 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Getting hot water at all the other points except the shower seems to lead away from a system problem and put it more back into a single faucet issue.

But it's been more than a week, so we may never know!
Or they could just be busy and life got in the way?
Hi all and thank you for your advice. I took it into an RV service shop and got a call today they found the issue but never said what it was but will post the root cause once I pick it up so anyone struggling with this issue will have the solution. Stay tuned and thank you all again.
Old 06-23-2023, 09:38 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

As promised, I just picked up my coach and as it turns out, it was my oversight as the propane was still turned off and once turned on the hot water was fine in the shower. Being a newbie, I need to create a set of checklists so I don't have these moments in the future.
Old 06-23-2023, 09:57 PM   #13
Site Team

Yes, checklists are helpful. I use one for packing for the trip, and another one for Pitstop & Break-camp. Since I wrote that, I now only have my hot water tank switched-on when stationary.
As for your issue, it is a curious thing that the lack of hot water was from the hot water tank not being switched on. As you stated in two prior posts, you were getting hot water out of the other taps.
I cannot help but think an element in the "cassette" of your shower control knob somehow began moving correctly just as the mechanic was looking for the problem, or perhaps something dislodged and cleared itself in the hot water supply side.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 06-23-2023, 10:41 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I too was surprised when they told me it worked once the propane was opened. This may remain a mystery but now I can have a hot shower. Is there a resource that has a recommended checklist a newbie like me can consult?
Old 06-23-2023, 11:47 PM   #15
Site Team

I have the link above which you can use to draft a prototype checklist for yourself. When I show text which is both bold and underlined, it is a link. Here is that link again in its actual Uniform Resource Locator (URL):
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f265/pitstop-and-break-camp-checklist-for-a-22m-360107.html
Old 06-24-2023, 06:39 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
I have the link above which you can use to draft a prototype checklist for yourself. When I show text which is both bold and underlined, it is a link. Here is that link again in its actual Uniform Resource Locator (URL):
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f265/pitstop-and-break-camp-checklist-for-a-22m-360107.html
thank you very much, this is very helpful and kind of you to share
Old 06-24-2023, 07:41 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

I hate to mention it but find that we are no longer in a time when we can ASSUME we are dealing with honest folks!
Too convenient to just make up a simple lie, rather than actually go to the person who did the service and ask! Service guys often do not want to explain thngs to the front desk as they are sure those folks really have no interest in the real work! So somebody along the line may have just simply blown off the whole question!
Lots of details we don't know about who you talked to and what level of hot water you were finding at each faucet, so no need to beat it further but I do get more and more reluctant to hire things done as I see so many cases of it being so dishonest!
Old 06-24-2023, 08:50 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I hate to mention it but find that we are no longer in a time when we can ASSUME we are dealing with honest folks!
Too convenient to just make up a simple lie, rather than actually go to the person who did the service and ask! Service guys often do not want to explain thngs to the front desk as they are sure those folks really have no interest in the real work! So somebody along the line may have just simply blown off the whole question!
Lots of details we don't know about who you talked to and what level of hot water you were finding at each faucet, so no need to beat it further but I do get more and more reluctant to hire things done as I see so many cases of it being so dishonest!
I do agree that the level of true customer service is gone and the disconnect between the service tech and service writer is non existent. As a Coles notes summary, I bought this new and on delivery day, they were ill-prepared after having 2 weeks to do the things I added (washer/dryer, additional solar panels and hardwire installed power management/surge unit) and after 11-1/2 gruelling hours waiting to leave and only about 30 minutes of orientation I had to head home, a 15 hour drive so staying the night for a fresh start with them the next morning was not an option so I have to learn as I go. When I called the sales guy about the lack of hot water describing that I had full hot in all taps but the shower he never suggested the propane and I did have the tank on electrical while camped so do not understand why I faced this as I should have been able to (one would think). I'm frustrated
Old 06-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

YUP! With that addded info that you were not getting hot water at the shower on electrial seems to really put thier info on the cause being propane turned off, into the BOGUS field!

Hooked to shore power and not hot water is NOT a propane problem!
Hot water at all faucets but one is NOT a heater problem!
It has to be a line or routing problem!

The cause is still a big mystery but it may be a simple as how we, as the public, react at times. Maybe they did not want to tell you it was trash left in the line from building but the last folks threw such a fit, that they never want to tell anybody that again!!

Life's a trek without having to deal with people who lie to me! If I can't trust what they say, I move on to the next!
Mistakes I can handle. I make lots of them but truth and trust are basic requirements !

Tags
shower, water, vent, adventurer