Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2024, 09:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Access Water pump for leak 2018 Fuse 23A

I have a small leak on my water pump on 2018 Fuse 23A. I need to remove panel in front of pump but I am not sure how to get it off. Do I need to remove handles on valves or will it all come off when I remove the 4 screws or do I need to remove the star screws also?
cbald51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have a wonderful online tool to let us get a good look at things that are often hidden! Things like where and how the pump and pipes are connected?
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
you will need to choose by serial number as well as the info you gave us in your post, but once there, choose the plumbing and fresh water.

Some hints to ease the learning curve if not familiar with this type setup:
choose an angle to look from at lower right. If not sure what or where, this may have to be somewhat random until you find the best view.
One way to spot a part that you may have no idea where it sets is to find it in the parts list at right and click repeatedly to make it flash yellow in the drawing!
Or reverse and click the part to get it to ID on the list! Helps if you see it but don't know what to call it!
To keep an item centered as you move around, first go to lower left to find a +, click it then on the item to center! Do this before zooming as it may fail if enlarged first.
Then you can click on the drawing and drag to move it around or scroll with the mouse to enlarge to get into super details.
I like playing with this so did some looking and got some ideas of what you may need, but you may also want to make notes as i find it great for solving lots of other questions!
Click these snips for better view or go direct for the whole story?
This the panel you mention?
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump 1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	188917
That looks like two valves and another clip item?

But if we look behind, there appear to be several clamps and I would guess those to be screwed or bolted to the panel? Maybe you have to ease the panel forward and work around it to get it fully out?
So what are the odds of being able tog et in under the panel? Where it leaks is critical so this might not work but it also might save a lot of trauma if you can squeeze in under to tighten something???

Any chance the leak is at the little filter and you can just reach in to screw it a bit tighter? Maybe the fitting on the output side needs snugged up?
In working on the pumps, I find they often have a whole bunch of screws holding the plastic parts of the pump together with a thin gasket between and it might be possible to snug those down with a long screwdriver?

I like to try to avoid work when possible!

Wish you luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	188918   Click image for larger version

Name:	pump 3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	188919  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 10:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Water pump

Thsnks for the help and advice. I got the leak repaired. It was calcium and junk on the rubber bladder. I checked on removing panel but after removing the four screws that held it in place I found that it was going to be a bit of a pain to get out. Dried everything thing off and discovered that tje drip was not coming from above the pump but right in front of me. Removed the four screws and took front of the pump off and saw the build up. Cleaned everything real good and put back together. No leak. Now I know what it look for if it happens again. Thanks again for the help.
cbald51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 12:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

YES! Any time we get it done, we have to be happy, even if the plan didn't turn out the way we first thought!
If it was simple, somebody else would do it!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, leak, water, water pump