Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2024, 01:53 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Normally we cook outside. But inside when it’s cold or raining. And yes, the Micro Minnie range hood vents to outside. You don’t notice it as much in a 37ft MH, but in the small space of the Micro Minnie, using the range heats up the interior really fast (good in winter, bad in summer), lots of humidity released, and odors get funky if you don’t use the fan. Bacon is the worse offender for soiling the hood and smelling up the joint. Yes, big advantages to 37ft coach. Biggest one is you can go to a different part of the coach when you have to break wind, so as not to offend the dw. In a small TT, bad news travels fast.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:45 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

2024 Micro Minnie 2108

With the great features they are advocating, i.e. holding tank heating pads and enclosed underbelly, why do they not have thermal windows and indicate the construction floor, wall and roof insulation?
R.Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 04:05 PM   #23
Site Team

Cost? Weight? It’s not trying to be a “4-Seasons” travel trailer?

I’d guess those could be some of the reasons???
Old 03-18-2024, 04:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

True, but why the heating pads and enclosed underbelly that I assume is heated? Just seems odd.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:18 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Yates View Post
With the great features they are advocating, i.e. holding tank heating pads and enclosed underbelly, why do they not have thermal windows and indicate the construction floor, wall and roof insulation?
Because both the "adventure" aspect and the "winter camping" aspect are nothing more than marketing, meant to attract the average person that doesn't know better.

I can tell you the floor is a sheet of vinyl, then 5/8" plywood. What's below that will vary depending on where you look: most of the trailer undercarriage will contain tanks and plumbing, which will be covered with a layer of reflectix-type bubble insulation, and then corrugated plastic. The very front section will be different, in that it only has a 1.5" air gap under the plywood, then the same bubble insulation and some sort of thin plastic-sheet as cover.

I recently had a chance to peek into a small ceiling cavity of my 2022 2108FBS, and saw some sort of soft, white insulation. Similar to fibreglass, but definitely not fibreglass. Of course, no vapor barrier over it.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 04:21 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. YEP marketing!!
Old 03-18-2024, 04:50 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

If you want all those goodies, trade in for an ORV or Northwoods.
Micro Minnie is what it is. Inexpensive and not particularly well designed or built, but maybe a bit better than others.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:54 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Yup, ORV and Northwood (Nash / Arctic Fox) will be better equipped on both counts, but still a far cry from ideal. I've looked at trailers from both, and didn't think they were worth the price difference vs. the Winnie I got. Both had plenty of standard issues that are found on all mass produced trailers.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:02 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Good point. You are correct in the price difference. Just have to make the best of it with the Micro Minnie. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:14 AM   #30
Micro Traveler

IMHO, Winnebago's "Towable" division seems to be towards the top of a very low pile!

As a now-retired 38-year licensed HVAC / electrical / plumbing contractor, I am amazed at MM's inferior construction. No good reason for sloppy and saving a dollar here or there? It's like Winnebago makes their towables to support their service dealer networks?

Then again, even at a published "MSRP" of ~$51,455 (2023 2108FBS w/Comfort, Convenience, Explorer, & Adventure packages), the MM is less expensive than Lance, and MUCH less than Air Stream ...
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:29 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post
IMHO, Winnebago's "Towable" division seems to be towards the top of a very low pile!

As a now-retired 38-year licensed HVAC / electrical / plumbing contractor, I am amazed at MM's inferior construction. No good reason for sloppy and saving a dollar here or there? It's like Winnebago makes their towables to support their service dealer networks?

Then again, even at a published "MSRP" of ~$51,455 (2023 2108FBS w/Comfort, Convenience, Explorer, & Adventure packages), the MM is less expensive than Lance, and MUCH less than Air Stream ...
The reason is simple: people keep buying the junk. When people refuse to buy it, then quality might improve. IMO, paying anywhere near retail/MSRP for a Winnebago is absolutely insane.

Here's how the plastic rivets looked in my (brand new, never used) 2022 2108FBS' shower stall:

Can you imagine looking at that and thinking "yup, that's ready for delivery to the customer"?!

Of course, there is zero sealant of any sort behind any of the shower rivets. So any water that hits the rivets will instantly find its way behind the stall, and will start rotting away everything back there. Absolutely insane that this was acceptable from the factory.

I've replaced all rivets on my unit (with larger ones), sealing every hole and every rivet before assembly, sealed every shower surface, fixture, etc.

Suggest folks be very, very careful buying these trailers used if these preventative measures had not been done; chances are everything around the shower will be rotting.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:00 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Ya gets what ya pays fer.
Junk, but a bit less junky than other brands.
Old 04-01-2024, 06:48 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post

Winnebago really needs to kick it up with QC. Maybe hire people that really care or fire them all and have a robotic machine build them (which I hate to see happening).