Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2023, 04:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2016 2108DS Slideout mManual Extension

Our Micro Minnie 2108DS Lippert Slideout recently stopped extending. Battery power is good (13.8V), fuse good. Fault code on board flasher shows #1 motor Battery Drop.
Where is the manual extension pin so we can extend the slideout and enjoy our vacation?
Mark-BethK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 04:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm not aware of the pin you are talking about. This video shows how to move the slideout manually.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I do not know about the pin, etc. either but might point out a potential problem.
When you say battery power is good at 13.8, it is actually telling us that you are seeing the charge voltage from some source!
Assuming it is a lead acid battery, the fully charged battery will not hold at higher than 12.8 as it is just the way the chemicals work.

What "may" be happening is that you are getting the 13+ reading but that is not enough power to actually move the slide. I would suggest the battery may be damaged and not actually holding the charge or there may also be problems with corroded cables along the path to the item which moves the slide.

If not familiar with batteries, that can sound somewhat goofy as we are trained to think of voltage as a way to tell about a battery!
But we can get a good voltage reading on a bad battery if we read the voltage soon after charging has been done or certainly as the charging is happening. There can be enough power there to read on a meter but not enough deep power to really do the work needed.
A better test of the battery is called a "load test" as it looks at the power as a load is put on the battery.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Slideout Manual Operation Pin

I understand about the battery, and the charging system and voltage/amperage readings.
My real question was about the location of the manual slide operation cranking pin. I might not actually have one, though, since the “owner’s manual” from Winnebago is widespread generic. That being said, it does show a 3/4” drive head for a manual operation pin, but I can’t find it on our 2021 2108DS MICRO MINNIE
with a Lippert Slideout.
If anyone knows about this, my wife and I would greatly appreciate it as I’m sure other owners would.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Contact these people to find out where the cranking pin is located, then let us know for future reference. Schwintek Customer Support https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out
Old 05-09-2023, 04:27 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-BethK View Post
Our Micro Minnie 2108DS Lippert Slideout recently stopped extending. Battery power is good (13.8V), fuse good. Fault code on board flasher shows #1 motor Battery Drop.
Where is the manual extension pin so we can extend the slideout and enjoy our vacation?
I have a 2017 2106FBS and when I was looking for info, Winnebago came back telling me ours is a HappiJack. Carryover from the Sunnybrook Days.

Yours being a 2016 as per header, not sure if the 2108 uses the same mechanism. I could not find any 2016 2108DS for sale to view the slide. If there is track top and bottom on the exterior it's likely a Schwintek unit.

How to tell, their is no track on the upper wall of the slideout.

Winnebago gave me this info;

If you call (800) 231-7440 ext. 225, that is Happijac's number. Ask for Tyler Brian

Attached is a picture of the happiJack and the manual crank location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HappiJack.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	185971  
Old 05-10-2023, 09:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the info, folks.
First, let me apologize for mis-identifying our camper…it’s a 2021 2108DS Micro Minnie, not a 2016.
Second, I didn’t do my due diligence investigating my electrical issue with the slide. After finally getting my head straight, I consulted my electrical schematic and found the frame mounted fuses for the systems. WOW!!! What a mess! The “factory” protection for the fuses was a joke. Not only did they not provide any kind of environmental protection, but the plastic tray they were set in did not have any drain holes, allowing the accumulated water to provide a wonderful pool for the busbar connections to degrade in (you know, corrode away).
I removed each individually and cleaned the connectors, treating each with protectant as they went together. Unfortunately, the final 30A fuse, for the Battery supply, busbar connector post sheared while trying to remove the nut. Luckily, Chances RV Center was near our KOA and we were able to buy some replacements. After putting everything back together our slide is now fully functional.
As for my original question: to manually move the slide (Schwintec/Lippert) you need to remove the securing screw from on top of the motor and lift the motor approximately 1/2” off the H-Channel drive post. This is accessed on our unit from inside the camper while the slide is retracted. You can then push the slide out. If it’s extended, you need to access the Control/Troubleshooting module (under the raised floor section below the slide, behind a removable panel) and use the procedure to electrically release the motors.
I hope some of this helps others.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the reply. This makes a lot more sense.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-BethK View Post
I understand about the battery, and the charging system and voltage/amperage readings.
My real question was about the location of the manual slide operation cranking pin. I might not actually have one, though, since the “owner’s manual” from Winnebago is widespread generic. That being said, it does show a 3/4” drive head for a manual operation pin, but I can’t find it on our 2021 2108DS MICRO MINNIE
with a Lippert Slideout.
If anyone knows about this, my wife and I would greatly appreciate it as I’m sure other owners would.
I have the 2022 2108TB Micro Minnie and our slide is not working either. I finally got it to come all the way in. There is no manual operation as far as I know. Maybe you have already tried to reset the control box but that did not offer any solution. I talked with tech support at Lippert who makes the mechanism, and it appears I have to take it in for service as only one side of the slide works in or out, and it has always shaked or vibrated
when activating. suggest you call Lippert and talk with tech support for a solution:432-547-7378
Rockstrr66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide, slideout