Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-28-2023, 03:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago VIEW 2015 -- Hot Water Tank question

I'm the new owner of a 2015 View with questions.
How do you set temp on hot water tank. My water is less than luke warm.
I've been told you can't change the temp, that it's automatic?
Any comments.......thank you.
RB
coachrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 06:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, fixed setting! However there is a good chance there is really a different problem that is an easy fix.
Without knowing the Rv, this is a guess but what can often happen is a bypass valve is left in the wrong position.
Normally on/near the back of the heater, there are several valves which are used to make water go around the heater instead of through for heating. Depending on the bypass type, it may need three valves rrest to the correct position when we take the RV out of storage.
If two fo three valves are rest but the third not right, water will not only go in to be heated but also some cold water is likely to go around and not be heated!
That means you get a combo of hot and cold which sounds likel what you have!

Are you familiar with where and how the valves for bypass you be set?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We can' actually go to the correct drawings without knowing WHICH vista you have but in looking at several, it looks like they have built a less complex set of bypass for many of the Vista as this shows:
Click to get a better view!

It appears they have moved to a one valve system so the odds are less that it is set wrong, but still worth a look for wrong setting or possible failed valve?
Click image for larger version

Name:	bypass.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	186794

The idea is that cold water comes in from the right on this drawing, through the valve to go into the tank, get hot and come out on the red line going to the RV.

But if the valve is not totally set right, part of the water can still bypass heating and take the short route to the outgoing line!
Verify that setting and determine that it is still a good valve before looking at poor heater operation?

You can often feel the difference in temp from the cold lines to the hot. The water coming out of the heater should feel definite hot! But if combined with cold, not so hot!

IF this guess with limited info on which RV you have is wrong, then there is a button type thermostat which may need changed.
My guesses are certainly just that, so be aware of no guarantees!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, view, water, winnebago