Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Winnebago Dash Air blowing hot

We purchased our first brand new RV and love it. Its a Vista 31KE with under 2400 miles. Only one problem that we've encountered. When we run the dash AC it blows warm air. It's at the local Ford shop for repairs. So far they've replaced the compressor, and PCM (power control module). Still blowing warm air. So now they are running more tests. The shop is in contact with Ford engineering and Winnebago engineering. Has anyone else experience this problem. Super Frustrated.

Thanks.
Ohsirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Looking forward to what you find out. Ours is doing the same thing. I had it re-charged by the RV dealer under the used coach warrantee they gave us but second trip out it quit again. Not sure how well they really re-charged/serviced it.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I know there was a known air conditioner problem with Ford V10s for chassis built in 2012. You can search for discussions on the Ford Chassis forum here. I would have thought that issue would have been fixed for chassis built this year. Check on the Ford Chassis forum under Chassis Club under the RV Forums pull-down.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ohsirr The late model dash air does not have a blend door they have a single combo Heater/AC core. The output air temp is controlled by the amount of hot water running through the core. If the water control valve is staying open the output air will be hot.
If the suction line is cold going into the compress the A/C is working.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Here is an update. The Ford repair shop called Winnebago, Ford Customer Service Center and Evens (manufacture of the AC) and still no luck.
The Ford repair shop even called the RV dealership where I purchased the Vista. Their answer was its a frame manufacturing company (Ford in this case) issue and needs to be repaired by them.
I've printed out the suggestions from this forum and from the Ford Chassis Forum hopefully that will help.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Ohsirr The late model dash air does not have a blend door they have a single combo Heater/AC core. The output air temp is controlled by the amount of hot water running through the core. If the water control valve is staying open the output air will be hot.
If the suction line is cold going into the compress the A/C is working.
thats what my 2016 is doing.... how i verified it was I put the temp switch to cold... shut off the ac compressor and hot air blows out.... so that means the hot water shut off is not closing...
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I've talked to both Ford and Winnebago and they both suggested using a different Ford repair shop. Ford suggest which shop to use just to make sure the repairs were made correctly. Then it's off the the Winnebago repair shop.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Check the elect. blender valve under the dash on passenger side, room to see and work on it from inside. They say it's electric but it's vacuum controlled with small colored air lines that look like wires. Manually push on the lever on top and see if cold air travels to the dash. Ford replaced the compressor on ours but I found this blender valve to be the real problem. (wife found it by sticking her arm up there while traveling, pushed it in and bingo cold air)
Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

WOW I had the same problem for almost year and many $$$$ later, we finally found it. It was built wrong at the factory.

Whoever posted above that the hot water is not correctly shutting off may be correct. There is a motor to shut off the flow of hot water, and it may be out. The AC cooling can not overcome the heat, if hot water is entering the system.

BUT WHAT HAPPENED to mine was, Winnebago <reversed> the hot water lines to the heater and back to the engine. Hooked them up backwards.

This problem took forever to find, and many components were replaced. Many sweltering days driving through the desert.

The hot water shutoff motor WILL NOT WORK if the lines have been reversed at the engine. The AC WILL NOT WORK right is hot water is entering the heater.

Best of luck.

Tags
dash, dash air, winnebago