Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2021, 04:43 PM   #21
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I just cut my power cord in the bay, and added male/female connections, so the surge unit, (Power WatchDog EPO), stays locked in the basement. The Bluetooth function allows me to monitor it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3793C859-9ACF-4935-99A2-C44BB9D706C8.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	177665   Click image for larger version

Name:	F9171332-FFE5-4836-A4DF-8874E97E56FD.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	177666  

Old 03-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #22

I'm still interesting in knowing:

* Who has lost any electronics because they DID NOT have a serge protector and what are the details?

* Who has lost any electronics because they DID INSTALL a serge protector and what are the details?

* How much did you spend and what type of insurance (serge protector) did you buy?

I think if I knew why I need to buy this insurance it would make me feel better about spending ????
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I made the mistake of expecting my 30 amp breaker or the pedestal breaker would trip. I had issues with a wire nut getting hot and I thought it was the setup at the factory when they wired my VG.
Last year I had my wire box get hot and almost burn up the View.
I had a plug melt and the wire box was burned. My failure in thinking was using too much current. I added up my amp power. I know limit my power.
Yesterday I bought on Amazon a TRC 3491 surge protector. Along with all of the features you get with any protector, it limits current. I also got the Bluetooth monitor that gives both amp and volts.
I also will today check my service box and recommend you do the same. The new Views come with a transfer switch, my View uses a power plug from the generator. I did not like the cord storage, so I built a short cord to connect the long cord to the generator power from the short. I use a external cord to connect at most campgrounds and I find it easy to wind up. Yes I know the longer run of cord my be a issue with load.

Tags
power