Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2023, 10:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for Cab Curtain 2024 Vita 24P

Hello, We have a Vita and looking for an insulated curtain to hang behind the cab. Any thoughts on where to get? Thank you.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Bruce,
I used to hang the curtain behind the cab, but I found that the cab glass, being the only non-thermopane glass in the motorhome, would get a considerable amount of condensation on the inside. What I like better it to insulate the cab windows from the outside. You have more interior space that way, and it keeps the inside of the motorhome warmer.
This exterior cover looks like it might fit well:
2007 - 2024 Sprinter Classic Style Vinyl Cab Window Covers in White
It seems that there is a -10% coupon with Promo-code THANKS23
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 11-17-2023, 08:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This is a personal choice thing that depends on how much effort/expense you want versus how "custom made" appearance and fit you want?
My wife used to do custom decor items and could have easily (semi?) made a custom drapery to fit the Rv. But why?

All we wanted to do was have a way to reduce the space we heated at night, so we went with simple, cheap and easy!
When dealing with class "c" we simply draped blankets over the opening and laid stuff on the edge at the bed to keep it from slipping off. that left us not hauling anything extra as we always had blankets and we always wanted it down when we got up so folding and storing the blankets fit us fine. Nothing fancy needed!

As we got further along, we moved to an excess moving blanket that we got in some move and swapped it in as we had more room and wanted thicker for colder nights.

After doing that and finding we had dropping interest in being even semi uncomfortable, we adapted and just did not go when we would have needed the blanket divider.

Life changes, so we have found we have to adapt to the stage we are in at that time!
If you are in the custom made for appearance stage, look for custom drapery shops to have one made to fit whatever level you choose!
If you are in the more "economy and functional" stage, look to Harbor Freight for a drop cloth, tarp, etc. to cut down and hang up.
You may already have some worn out blankets that are a little oversize but it's nice to have extra to tuck in at the sides!

They are all serviceable and can be made to fit the level you want!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 06:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Eagle 5 and Morich. Eagle 5, we have windshield and side curtain covers provided with the unit, while mostly for privacy they appear to have decent insulation value. But what we are looking for is too block at least some of the heat from entering the cab area, retaining as much heat in the living space as feasibly possible. To Morich your post gave me some ideas and I will see what direction my wife wants to go. In the mean time I am using a pet bed protection cover.
Old 11-17-2023, 10:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Vita 24P

There are lots of solutions for the Vita on the Vita/Porto wannabee site. My wife and I sewed up a curtain of our choice with a lining on the cab side of reflectix foil barrier. This not only keeps the heat out, but insulates the front cab heat and cold from the rest of the motorhome. I put grommets in the curtain and hang it from hat rack hooks mounted on either side of the opening to the cab. This has been very effective in our travels for both cold and hot. When not in use the curtain is folded into four on the left side and hooked on the grommets. Easy, and gives instant privacy when parked for the night or longer. Please consider joining our Facebook group where we have over 700 members of Vita/Porto owners. We also meet anually in Arizona to share with our Vita friends. https://www.facebook.com/groups/220856018766052/
Old 11-18-2023, 07:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

You may also find the curtain will help a lot if you get caught with the front facing some noisy group as it blocks sound as well !
Not all campgrounds are well run!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 09:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The previous owners of our Via made a simple curtain of clear plastic with grommets that hangs from 3M Command strip hooks. We have not yet needed to use it but we don't camp in any real cold weather either.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Whatever you decide on, these work well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 04:11 PM   #9
Boondocker

How much barrier you need will depend on how cold it is at your location, and how much humidity you create in the coach. With single pane glass in the uninsulated cab of a Class C, you can create a reall mess when it's below freezing outside. I use a couple of heavyweight winter sleeping bags, zipped together and tucked under the bunk deck to create a curtain, which I can flip up over the bunk when I don't need it. If you effectively isolate the cab from the coach, and maybe open the cab windows just a crack, you can eliminate frosty, wet windows. Here's what ours looks like: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums452.html
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 05:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Easy solution

We have a tension shower curtain rod across the area behind the cab on which we hang doubled shower curtains using ordinary shower curtain sliding rings. We also often close it while traveling to keep the cab warm in the winter and cool in the summer using just the heater/AC. You might need to trim the bottom of the curtains depending on where you place the tension rod. It just works.
ColleenSC is offline   Reply With Quote