Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Advice on Minnie Winnie 26T Purchase

Hello Everyone! I’m new to the forum, but have stumbled across quite a few posts during various internet searches.

My wife and I (and kiddos) have been camping for several years in our Micro Minnie 2100BH, and have recently decided to upgrade to a Class C. We just put a down payment on a 2022 Minnie Winnie 26T. We are very excited, and think the floor plan on this model will work best for our family. We go to pick it up in the next few weeks, and are able to stay overnight on the RV lot to test everything out and make sure it works like it should.

I’m compiling a list of everything to check-out during our over night stay, and also to send a list to the deal of common 26T problems to look for during the PDI. Hoping to get feedback from other 26T or Minnie Winnie owners on what to look for. Thanks!
Drewan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations

My wife and I have also ordered a 26T. We are hoping for a mid March delivery. I am sorry that I can't help you but maybe you can help us. Should you find any issues could you please post them. Best of luck and thanks in advance!
4RLABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 26T. I had the dealer put a trackbar on it, and it drives straight and true down the road.

Some other things I had done; I had the dealer put a Fantastic Fan above the kitchen stove. They tapped into the 12V of a nearby puck light to power it. How a coach this much money doesn’t have a proper exhaust fan is beyond me.

On that note, I also am upgrading to a porcelin toilet and a gas/electric hot water heater.

I have not had any issues of note w/ my unit. The GE A/C works fine; my first experience with it as I’ve always had Coleman units.

Quality seems much improved over the Jayco units I’ve had previously.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Oh, and any camper I’ve had w/ metal cargo bays has sweated on me in the humid summers and soaked whatever was inside. Sadly this continues to happen in my Winnie. We take most things out and put them back in prior to depature. Its a bit of a hassle to be honest, but given everything else has been fine we’ll deal with it.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

@4RLabs - I will let you know how it goes!

@Jopopsy - Glad to hear you haven’t had any issues, and those great upgrade tips. I will keep those in mind for the future. We visited a local RV show and walked through several units of other major brands, and agree that the Winnebago’s have improved quality.
Drewan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks
Old 02-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Picking up our 26T Thursday March 3rd. Thanks also for the upgrade ideas. Safe travels everyone
Old 02-22-2022, 05:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Good luck with the new coach !
Old 02-22-2022, 05:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We have had a Spirit 26T for almost a year now. No major problems at all. I have added 350W of solar, 3 Maxxair fans, a dash cam, an additional 12V outlet near the door, an Apple TV and some other minor upgrades.

Next on the list is to upgrade the crappy factory 70Ah batteries that are not even deep cycle batteries. Lithium ion, of course.
ptronus31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, purchase