Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie Winnie 26T

We are close to making the decision to order a 2021 Minnie Winnie 26T.

Our last two RV’s were a 24’ MBS motorhome and a 32’ fifth wheel, so we feel this is a good “in-between choice”. I drove the motorhome but never the fiver, so I plan to drive this class C and give my husband a break, now and then.
We think this floorplan suits our needs. I just wish the kitchen had more counter space - but I guess I’ll get creative and make it work.. We would order it with theater seats, a spare tire and electric stabilizing jacks. We haven’t made the decision on full-body paint, yet.
If y’all have anything to share, we’d love to hear any and all advice/comments.
Thanks so much!
Jim and Mary Ann
Old 09-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Never enough cabinet, never enough space, but we have gradually found ways to adapt.
One thing we find we rarely use is the cooktop as we/she has gotten further and further away from the skillet and all the cleanup from that and notw far prefers outside grill or instant pop cooking. If we get caught in situations where those won't fill the bill we just avoid cooking!
so the result is that we got a really nice cover for the cooktop that serves as great added counter space and also stays in place really well to dampen the noises the surners, etc. on the cooktop make.
Once she found how simple and adaptable the instant pot, we rarely go a meal without something from it and using it for soups, let us stop hauling a lot of the larger pots and other things we used to use.
I think we would be fully ready to take the cooktop totally out is we could have an electric skillet, instant pot and the outside grill with more counter.
But it is there and people expect to see it so we leave it.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

My only comment is make sure you can use everything with the slides in. I've never been in that model, but it looks a bit problematic in that I don't think you can use the bed with the slide in. Sometimes though it's bathroom access that is problematic, that would be worse!
Old 09-12-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We added electric stabilizing jacks to our Navion and have yet to use them. If you're talking about the little ones attached near the rear bumper that are more like flimsy landing gear on a travel trailer? I woudn't get them again, but wold get proper hyadraulic or electric 4-point leveling jacks. The full body paint is worth the money, if you plan on keeping your new unit for a while. Ours is 3 years old now and it still looks brand new. No chalk lines anywhere.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
We added electric stabilizing jacks to our Navion and have yet to use them. If you're talking about the little ones attached near the rear bumper that are more like flimsy landing gear on a travel trailer? I woudn't get them again, but wold get proper hyadraulic or electric 4-point leveling jacks. The full body paint is worth the money, if you plan on keeping your new unit for a while. Ours is 3 years old now and it still looks brand new. No chalk lines anywhere.
Thanks for your input! I was mistaken when I said, “stabilizing jacks” - I meant, “hydraulic leveling jacks”. We also agree on full-body paint. We have had both.
Hope you have a nice Sunday!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
My only comment is make sure you can use everything with the slides in. I've never been in that model, but it looks a bit problematic in that I don't think you can use the bed with the slide in. Sometimes though it's bathroom access that is problematic, that would be worse!
Thanks, Goodspike! 100% agree. Our fiver’s fridge was inaccessible when the slides were closed because the island butted right up against it. The bed doesn’t bother us, as much. Neither one of us lies down while traveling, but I guess it could be an issue if the slide was inoperable.
Have a great day!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Never enough cabinet, never enough space, but we have gradually found ways to adapt.
One thing we find we rarely use is the cooktop as we/she has gotten further and further away from the skillet and all the cleanup from that and notw far prefers outside grill or instant pop cooking. If we get caught in situations where those won't fill the bill we just avoid cooking!
so the result is that we got a really nice cover for the cooktop that serves as great added counter space and also stays in place really well to dampen the noises the surners, etc. on the cooktop make.
Once she found how simple and adaptable the instant pot, we rarely go a meal without something from it and using it for soups, let us stop hauling a lot of the larger pots and other things we used to use.
I think we would be fully ready to take the cooktop totally out is we could have an electric skillet, instant pot and the outside grill with more counter.
But it is there and people expect to see it so we leave it.
Great kitchen ideas! Thanks, Richard and Mrs. Richard!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven13 View Post
Thanks, Goodspike! 100% agree. Our fiver’s fridge was inaccessible when the slides were closed because the island butted right up against it. The bed doesn’t bother us, as much. Neither one of us lies down while traveling, but I guess it could be an issue if the slide was inoperable.
Have a great day!
I was thinking about if you were forced to stay some place where you couldn't put the slide out for some reason (e.g. a tree in the way or a rest stop), but yes if it were inoperable that would be bad too.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
I was thinking about if you were forced to stay some place where you couldn't put the slide out for some reason (e.g. a tree in the way or a rest stop), but yes if it were inoperable that would be bad too.
Yes, good points!
Old 09-14-2020, 05:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Looks like a great floorplan to me. (I don't think it was available when I bought my 2017 31D). The flip up counter extension will help a lot. You can always take naps or even sleep above the cab in those rare instances where it isn't possible to extend the bedroom slide. I use the "jacks" all the time (HWH) and wouldn't be without them after 4 years in the 31D. Our range has a folding glass cover so it can be used as counter space when the stove top is not in use.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFogelberg View Post
Looks like a great floorplan to me. (I don't think it was available when I bought my 2017 31D). The flip up counter extension will help a lot. You can always take naps or even sleep above the cab in those rare instances where it isn't possible to extend the bedroom slide.
Good point, I was forgetting about that. If there's two people it's not quite as convenient to get in and out, but it's doable.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven13 View Post
We are close to making the decision to order a 2021 Minnie Winnie 26T.

Our last two RV’s were a 24’ MBS motorhome and a 32’ fifth wheel, so we feel this is a good “in-between choice”. I drove the motorhome but never the fiver, so I plan to drive this class C and give my husband a break, now and then.
We think this floorplan suits our needs. I just wish the kitchen had more counter space - but I guess I’ll get creative and make it work.. We would order it with theater seats, a spare tire and electric stabilizing jacks. We haven’t made the decision on full-body paint, yet.
If y’all have anything to share, we’d love to hear any and all advice/comments.
Thanks so much!
Jim and Mary Ann
Did you ever get the 26T? I just bought it and should be picking it up next week in Ohio from General RV.
CrazyRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRussian View Post
Did you ever get the 26T? I just bought it and should be picking it up next week in Ohio from General RV.
Oh, lucky you! No, we haven’t made a decision yet. We are working with General RV on pricing for a Class C on the Mercedes chassis, and also from a local dealer on the Minnie 26T. The choice is much harder these days, as the dealers don’t have the inventory, so we’re not seeing units in person. If you got yours for $90K, you did well! Did you get the Ford? Whatever we get, we will most likely have to order it.

Wishing you the best of luck driving your new beautiful motorhome back to California! We’re from L.A. originally. Where part of California are you?

Please post updates on your journey. Travel safe!
Jim and Mary Ann
Old 09-20-2020, 04:48 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

I love this floor plan, but the counter space and sink are very small. I would have had a very tough decision if it were available when I bought our Intent 26m, which has plenty of counter top.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Hello! We are pretty new owners of a 26T and wanted to chime in on a few things above. First, neither the oven nor the rear bed nor the microwave are accessible and useable at all without the slides out! Somebody at the dealership down the road from Winnebago claimed the microwave is usable but....that's not accurate at all. They gloss over that real hard with the videos.

Second, the material on the table and rear bedside side "tables" loses its luster pretty much instantly with light use and approved cleaning products.

Thus far we have had five pretty serious issues with our rig in the four months we have owned it (slide broke, two random electrical issues, generator counter didn't work, cruise control goes off randomly and the awning never worked) so make sure you check out everything when you pick it up very thoroughly and be aware that when they ask you to go back to a certified repair center to get something fixed that that's a two to three month wait at this point in the year. We're underwhelmed, but it's nice when it does work and the floor plan feels spacious. Maybe these are just first year issues.
OzmaofOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 PM   #16
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

OzmaofOz,

That's rough, to say the very least!! We have had two new Winnebago units and had some teething pains with both but nothing as substantive as the grief you're dealing with.
Having slide and/or levelling jack issues are my worst nightmares.
Just a note in case you're not aware; the Cruise Control problem is a Ford issue - not Winnebago so call your local Ford service centre with your VIN number. Might as well get that fault dealt with while waiting on WBO to deal with the coach problems.
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:02 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

The good news is that you are based out of KS and not that far from Forest City. Make an appointment in Forest City to get the issues resolved. They are very good. Plan to spend a few days there. You can also show up without an appointment, I would do it right away if possible so you are ready for the camping season. Once you get things fixed and work out the bugs, things will get better. (We went through the same thing and it was indeed frustrating to say the least).
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote