Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to Winnie - 2022 Minnie Winnie 26T

Hello All,

Just posting to say hello and introduce myself. Going through the motions to purchase a 2022 Minnie Winnie 26T; assuming everything checks out I’ll be picking it up sometime this month.

I have had 4 previous Class C units, 3 Jayco Greyhawks and 1 Forest River Sunseeker. This is our first Winnie; we have high hopes that we’re buying something of higher quality.

Looking forward to learning about Winnie C’s and sharing my lessons learned over many years RV’ing under other brands.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome... we had a Forest River Forester Class C before our Adventurer Class A. We had the Forester for 2-years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Lost $30,000 on that RV in 2-years but it was worth it to get something so much better.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome as well Jopopsy. We just purchased a 2021 22M. We’re off tomorrow on our first excursion. We’re looking forward to the extra space from our previous Travato’s. This group has been a HUGE help since we first joined and continues to be. Let us know how things go. Never had anything but a Winnebago.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:25 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Jopopsy,
I believe one of the features I like best about my 22M is the quality of the cherry cabinets. On the Minnie Winnies, they are very well made. I did add those little felt pad door cushions, so they don't slam if you loose your grip on them.
You can search this site for 26T and read other threads specific to your new motorhome.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 07-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Happy to be here.

One of the things that has to get squared away; I had a CEL come on during my test drive. Happily its *not* the spark plug wires that has plagued some of the earlier Ford 7.3 motors, it was the evap canister. I’m told evap system problems are the type to have if you’re going to have your CEL come on b/c they are largely vacuum related. It turns out my evap canister had a leak so Ford needs to fix it. At least it happened while the dealer still owns it.

The part is supposed to be in sometime early next week; after that my dealer is installing a track bar and a Fanastic Fan in the unit, prepping it, and off I go.

Looking forward to getting to know the new coach.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Welcome! We are also new owners, we are getting our 2022 31K on Thursday. The 26T was our first choice, but this 31K was all that we could find. And our dealer is 135 miles away in Rockford, IL!

We traded in our Kodiak Dutchman(32') TT, so this is our first motorhome. I'm looking forward to seeing how you personalize your new rig.
Gregr819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

So the evap canister on the 2022 E450 chassis didn't have a part number; the Ford dealer local to my selling dealer said its b/c they are almost never replaced unless damaged in a accident. At any rate, long story short, Ford had to do a lot of digging to get the right part number. Once they got the part number, they actually had to pull a canister off a E450 going down the production line !

So, my rig is now back w/ the dealer going through its final PDI paces. I'm supposed to pick it up on Saturday, assuming nothing terrible is discovered in the PDI.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We also have had 3 Class C MH - the 3rd and current being the Minnie Winnie 31D (2017). Winnebago was very good at working through warranty issues, it's been mostly smooth sailing the last couple of years. We love the comfortable beds and sofa. Yes, the cabinets are well constructed and spacious. This is our "forever" RV now as we tip toe into semi-retirement. The Class C is the perfect "middle of the road" for us...more space than the smaller Class B. Easy to park and drive and get service on the gas Ford E450.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote