Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2023, 07:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista 29NPF pre-purchase questions?

Does the Vista 29NPF have a king or queen bed? Is the air conditioner a heat pump also? Is there a spare tire? Are the windows dual pane?
Does anyone have a picture of the interior with the slide in? Can you get in refrigerator and into bathroom with the slide in?
Thanks
AATop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 10:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi AATop,
The Winnebago Web Site has more information on the Vista 29NPF.
  1. It is a King-sized bed.
  2. It does not appear to have a heat-pump.
  3. I do see that the dual air conditioners with 50 amp service and a more powerful generator are an option, but I suspect all 29NPFs are ordered that way.
  4. I am not seeing any mention of dual pane. Even on my Minnie Winnie, dual pane was an option, which of course I ordered. Better check with your dealer, and write-back to let us know what you find out, OK?
  5. In reviewing the floor-plan below, it is clear that you can access the refrigerator and the bathroom with the slide-out retracted.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 06-25-2023, 12:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes you can get to both the fridge and bathroom with the slide in. It’s a little tight but not a problem. I definitely have a dad bod and I’m fine with it.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 08:46 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AATop View Post
Is there a spare tire?
Class A motorhomes don’t come with a spare tire, nor any tools or instructions on how to change a tire. This is due to the size and weight of the RV. You will need to pay for a yearly roadside assistance plan for any tire changing/towing.

Besides, tire problems are to be avoided at all costs. Most of us install tire pressure monitoring systems to monitor all of our tires while driving.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
Site Team

You can find most of these questions answered in the brochure that Eagle5 linked to in his response. Go to Specifications and scroll down to each section and be sure to click “Load More”

Notice the Optional Equipment listings. For instance, if you don’t buy one with the 2nd A/C Option you will have a 30amp RV with one A/C. If you get one with the optional second A/C it will be a 50amp RV. Most really appreciate the second A/C and having 50amp service available. But you would find it difficult to add an A/C and change from 30amp to 50amp at a later date.

If the brochure doesn’t show something like “heat pump” in the description, then it won’t have them. The brochure becomes the official specification and equipment description for that model and model year.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hi AATop
I own a Vista 29NPF so;
King bed; I am a big guy and my wife and I definitely do not roll into each other at night.
No spare.
Windows are not dual pane. They are the newer frameless windows tho.
Can get into Fridge and B-Room with slideout in. Don't have a picture sorry.
A/C; when wanting to 'heat' the coach this last winter (I picked up my coach in Dec), we were finding that when on shore power, the overhead A/Cs would kick in to 'heat'. When off grid, the underfloor furnace would kick on. I have since figured out how to configure the system (via the semi-documented Winnebago Connect panel) to always heat via the furnace (quieter) and cool with the A/Cs. So-even though not documented, could the fact that the overheads kick on to heat mean that they are indeed heat pumps?
cdeldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 12:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the information.
From my research it seems that the bed is high from the floor. My wife is 5'. I also see that there is a small step up due to the outside kitchen below the bed. Any problems getting into the bed our out due to the height?
AATop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 12:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

yeah - the bed is a bit high but provides good storage underneath. There is a step up on either side of the bed. My wife is 5'8" and she can get up onto the bed no prob. but if your wife is only 5', you are probably going to need to add some sort of addl step for her.
cdeldorado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase