Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2023, 07:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Via 25Q owners and bath storage

Has anyone with a Via 25Q looked at the possibility of using the space between the bath and the dining area for storage? I am referring to the very thick wall where the radio/dvr player is mounted, there is a lot of dead space in there and I was thinking of putting in a recessed cabinet or shelves on the bathroom side as the bath is really short on storage. There is no plumbing in this wall, just some wires and a lot of air.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I believe you have the room to install additional storage there, but my concern would be the already skinny CCC. I’m constantly looking at the weight of anything I add and how I can offset its weight by removing another item.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2roam View Post
I believe you have the room to install additional storage there, but my concern would be the already skinny CCC. I’m constantly looking at the weight of anything I add and how I can offset its weight by removing another item.
This would be for bathroom stuff like toiletries that we carry anyway, the only added weight would be the shelves and possibly door. I may also eliminate the radio/dvd player as we never use it. Plus we could also eliminate the travel bags we currently carry our toiletries in which we always have to drag out and put on the kitchen counter, then put it all away when finished. I'm with you on the weight, so far we have been able to keep it at GVWR or sometimes over by 80 to 100 lbs if we bring water. When I travel solo I am always under with room to spare. These are hardly adequate for 2 travelers let alone the four that they supposedly can sleep!
Old 01-02-2023, 12:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I guess it depends on each person’s perspective. We love our Q and have been on several extended trips, we have found a balance between what we need and what we want to take. We added a Jeep toad and transferred several item’s to it and now have no issue on weight on the coach or the towed Jeep. Plus, we love having a Jeep to drive to local shops, breweries and explore roads where we wouldn’t consider driving the coach.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I guess it depends on each person’s perspective. We love our Q and have been on several extended trips, we have found a balance between what we need and what we want to take. We added a Jeep toad and transferred several item’s to it and now have no issue on weight on the coach or the towed Jeep. Plus, we love having a Jeep to drive to local shops, breweries and explore roads where we wouldn’t consider driving the coach.
We love our Q as well and would love a toad, but I am leery. Where we live and travel is full of mountains and steep grades, the little 3l works real hard and oil temps are high, I'm a little leery of towing a vehicle although I know many do it. Do you pull the Jeep on very many steep grades?
Old 01-04-2023, 10:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yes, we’ve been all over Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Montana with no issue or problems. We don’t get in a hurry nor push the coach in the mountains. I keep the limits of the coach in mind, weight and speed wise, plus I ensure maintenance is done when and sometimes before it is due. I can’t speak for others, but we’ve been very happy towing.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

How many miles on your Via?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

At this time, 62,000 miles. This spring, we will certainly add more!��
Old 01-04-2023, 11:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
At this time, 62,000 miles. This spring, we will certainly add more!��
I'm at 66K. By the way I added a black tank flush, the black tank was never easy to get completely empty and it made a big difference, have you tried one?
Also I was looking at some old threads and I see you have levelers, do you have 4 or 2? I don't have any and I was concerned about the weight they would add. Most all the time it is only the front that is low.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We use this to flush the black tank on the last stay before we head home. Using plenty of water in it seems to work well to help keep it relatively clean.
We have the HWH leveler (4) system and I can’t say enough about the convenience! We can set up or take down a camp site in about 15/20 minutes. And as I said earlier, I can manage the overall weight as we’ve really determined what we really need and what to leave home when we travel.

Tags
storage