Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2023, 10:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

ultimate Advantage Sunvisor controls

The switches on my driver's arm rest labeled driver and passenger visor operate the large day and night shade respectively. I can not find controls to lower the smaller visors for each side.
prafersno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Greg,
On pages 2-12 & 2-13 of your Owner's Manual, there is no mention of side-visors to be found. The Brochure only mentions two powered visors. Could it be that the side-visors are just manually adjusted?
Eagle5
Old 08-02-2023, 10:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Greg,
On pages 2-12 & 2-13 of your Owner's Manual, there is no mention of side-visors to be found. The Brochure only mentions two powered visors. Could it be that the side-visors are just manually adjusted?
Eagle5
My side window shades operate exactly like an old-fashioned window blind.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

so I guess the day and night shades are MCD? brand. There is a switch plate on the wall behind each side window, with 2 up and down arrows and a round button between the arrows. Mind you there are loose wires hanging near the shades and such. When I press some of those buttons the side black mesh 'Day?' shade comes down. when I press the other set of arrows, the white 'night?' shade comes down. The big ones across the windshield only move with the switches on the armrest marked LT Visor and RT Visor. The actual visors don't move, not even sure if there are wires going to them. Maybe the PO wired the switches to use the big shades as visors....

I'll try and post pics when I can. Putting out bigger fires with the a/c and gennie

Thanks
Old 08-05-2023, 12:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Your sales brochure says in the cab features section it has shades, light-filtering for the cab area, and for the windshield 2 powered sunvisors. Not a lot of detail for the cab side windows.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...eAdvantage.pdf

BTW, welcome to the Ultimate club! You own one of 483 ever built between 1999.5 and 2004.5. Retail price was close to $300,000 in 2000, and more in subsequent years.

They were Winnebagos luxury line during those years, and only select top-selling W dealers were allowed to sell them.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 03:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
BTW, welcome to the Ultimate club! You own one of 483 ever built between 1999.5 and 2004.5. Retail price was close to $300,000 in 2000, and more in subsequent years.

They were Winnebagos luxury line during those years, and only select top-selling W dealers were allowed to sell them.
Thanks! I didn't realize it what it was at first, I just happened across it and it checked all the boxes I thought I wanted. It's got a LOT of work to be done but at 25k I think I'll still come out of it with some equity.

It is kind of a pain already, trying to source parts because the Ultimates are rarely on the drop down parts lists.

For example: I'm pretty sure mine is the only year with projector style headlights. I haven't tried to look on the back for a manufacturer but there like 3" individual lights.

Anyway rant over, just have a lot of learning and familiarization ahead of me. But I look forward to the day I don't have to think twice about heading across the country, because it can handle it.
Old 08-09-2023, 07:15 PM   #7
jeb
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
My side window shades operate exactly like an old-fashioned window blind.
Same in my 03 UA 40K. Looking forward to pictures.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

So these are wireless controllers for the MCD Day/Night shades. They are velcroed to the wall behind the driver and pass windows. Still make them today, just fancier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MCD Controller.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	186949  
Old 08-13-2023, 11:14 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafersno View Post
It is kind of a pain already, trying to source parts because the Ultimates are rarely on the drop down parts lists.
Problem solved... at least the parts anyway.

Here's a link to your entire Parts List.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...04/4usq40k.pdf

If you follow this link below and click from the menu of items you'll find links to all manner of diagrams, plans, instructions, etc and you can select 2004 Ultimate Advantage 40K in each sub-menu.

https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources