Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Compare WIT Club Michelin Advantage Program to FMCA Michelin Advantage Program

Has anyone compared prices between WIT and FMCA Michelin Tire Programs? Are they the same prices?

I'm about to replace my Michelin XZE2 275 80 R 22.5's on my 2006 Tour 40KD. Wondered if there was a difference. FMCA provides online estimates but WIT requires a phone call...

Thanks...
Tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Site Team

I've assumed they are the same. If you find out let us know.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Will do...
Old 08-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I've assumed they are the same. If you find out let us know.
OK...I finally received an answer to my question...but I had to go to Michelin to get the correct answer. I'm not sure why this is such a secret but even the dealer says he doesn't know what WIT member prices are. So I feel like I am revealing classified information here...but here goes. According to my dealer (that sounds a bit strange) he receives his cost plus 5% per tire. He says he has no idea what WIT Club members actually pay because his invoice will list retail price. The receipt WIT Club members receive from WIT will be the first time the actual price is seen. FMCA shows a pricing page on their web page with pricing for each tire. The dealer told me he can see that so he assumed that is what FMCA members are paying. While the FMCA price list is online, but the WIT Club instructions say to ask the dealer for WIT Club price estimates. But as I've mentioned the dealer had no clue so i had to call the WIT Club back to ask them for an estimate. They sent me the requested price list. Both club price lists supposedly show basic per tire price plus FET. For my tire the WIT price was $27/per tire more than the FMCA price. But I called Michelin to confirm what I was seeing was accurate. Michelin gave me the base price per tire without FET....

Bottomline...both programs base prices are exactly the same. Not sure why the prices plus FET were so different...but according to Michelin...the discount price for my tire anyway is the exact same for each program.

Sorry for the lengthy reply...
Old 08-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Thanks. I figured that. I've found no advantage being a WIT Club member and don't really see it as a viable club. I let my membership in that lapse.

I keep FMCA membership for a number of reasons. Not to mention that my RV Insurance is with their agency.

It seems to me I've heard that folks have found fresh quality Michelins at prices cheaper than both club prices. But I myself haven't looked into this.

Over on IRV2.com many people replace the Michelins with Toyo or Hankook tires for a lot less money and less sidewall cracking.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I recently purchased 2 tires 235/80R 22.5 FMCA and WIT price were $5 difference. The extra total cost comes from each state sales tax and tire tax. Example I live in Florida They have an extra per tire tax on commercial tire. Then you have the dealer charges that vary but FMCA and WIT raw tire price is the same. I will note that Michelin did increase the tire price in the last 30 or so days. About $15. for 2 tires.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote