Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

What I liked about the macerator pump was the ability to pump through a narrow hose and even uphill to a dump location. I had to dump through a window into a toilet once and that went smoothly.
SpudNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #22
2016 Winnebago View 24J

I also bought a macerator this year so I can dump at home. Haven't used it on the road yet, but will consider it next season.
RayJorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Over the last 11 years, we primarily carried a 15' Rhino and two 9' slinkies.

The Rhino was used 100% of the time, with occasional use of one slinky. At its 5 year point, there were a few pin-holes showing up in the Rhino, I patched them for a couple of years, but got a spare Rhino just in case. Over that time frame, twice, I needed both Rhinos and both slinkies at a site.

After retiring the first Rhino at its 7 year point, we have gotten along with the newer Rhino, and occasionally one slinky added, but once or twice needed both slinkies.

You never know what campsite surprises might be out there, so be prepared for your style of camping.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:06 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Thanks Al, that gives me a good perspective. Do you know of any lightweight but sturdy drive-on leveling blocks?
Brian

There is a good local source of RV supplies.
I also live in Tucson and had a 2019 View and now a 2021 Vista.
Call me at 815-814-5385. I will give you his address and phone
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJTroyer View Post
Brian

There is a good local source of RV supplies.
I also live in Tucson and had a 2019 View and now a 2021 Vista.
Call me at 815-814-5385. I will give you his address and phone
Left you a voicemail. Looks like you are from the same place I am, born at Woodstock hospital and spent my childhood years in Crystal Lake.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Sewer Solution

I have been camping in a class A motor home for over 17 years and the Sewer Solution in my opinion is great. No worries about leaks in the hoses and so much cleaner to handle. The 10 foot sections roll up and don't take up much room. You can add 10 feet any time so you don't have to park so close to the dump site.
So easy to flush the hose after dumping too. Stay safe and enjoy the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
I have the Rhino 15 footer, then two 10 foot extensions.

At the last RV park I was at, that 35 feet was just enough. At this RV park, since I had to nose my roof top Trav'ler DTV antenna out from under the tree right opposite the front door, it's also just enough.

I am in a Class A and just barely have enough room for all that equipment in the compartment. I also carry a 'Sewer Solution' setup with 70 feet of hose that includes the original 10 foot, plus a 10 foot extension, and I added 50 foot of hose. Not sure I'll need that very often but I did this year visiting my daughter at her new house.

My point is that in 17 years of full timing, sometimes it really helps to have extra. I'd say I need to use 20 feet at most of the RV parks I stay at.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden13 View Post
I use my sewer solution all the time. I junked the slinky.
I wouldn't be without my Sewer Solution, BUT, it bothers me to use that much water. Since I spend most of my time in the desert SW, it uses so much water keeping the hose from plugging that it turns into a "not being a good neighbor" situation to use that much water to dump my two large tanks. Especially since many SW RV parks I stay at are on wells. Plus there's the low water pressure issue. Anyway, because of that, I keep both methods handy. The slinky is really fast compared to the Sewer Solution too.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

I really never thought about water consumption but you have a good point, I keep the slinky on board too but only use it at a dump station when in a hurry, Stay safe out there
Old 12-28-2020, 07:11 PM   #29
Site Team