Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2024, 09:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Lost Rand McNalley sd card

So, I took this card out to update. Then lost it😭
Called Winnebago and litz. At first they said I could get one, that they had 17 in stock. 521.00
They called back and said sorry. Since the went out of business they no longer have them.
Sent me to river park , which uses the Nav-go system for 250.00 I went ahead and ordered it, as not to be without something.
Is there a better alternative out there for our systems?
Winn17TourQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:13 AM   #2
Site Team

No, there isn't.

You old Xite SD card contained a hidden "key" connected to your Xite radio's serial number anyway, to keep people from selling copies of the SD card to others.

As best as I can tell, the NavNgo SD card doesn't have this. Maybe it does and I"m just not aware of it. Perhaps Riverpark is adding such copy protection and it's not visible in any way.

I stuck with the OEM Rand McNally GPS and RAND Xite SD card for all my Navigation for a long time. Rand McNally went bankrupt and was sold twice and they stopped supporting RVs. The company is still in business but they are concentrating on OTR Trucking. They gave us one last Map update in Oct, 2022.

Luckily for us, Xite developed a work around with the NavNgo SD card - initially we were told to buy new $1,500 systems.

I ordered the $250 card when they first came out. But when I installed it I didn't like it. I thought the RAND system was superior so I kept using it. But RAND kept closing RV services and when they deleted the TripMaker RV trip planning website there was not much keeping me using the system. So, this year I decided to switch to the NavNgo (NNG) system.

We just took our first 2000 mile trip with the NNG GPS and... I liked it. It's a little more work than the old RAND system. But the GPS functions are pretty good and I'll be using it going forward.

So, I'd recommend that you spend the $250 - it saves you from having to purchase a standalone GPS to mount on your dash or even a phone or tablet mount on your dash.

Map updates are available to download online at www.naviextras.com. You'll have one year of free updates and after that you'll have to purchase them. The newest one right now is 2nd Quarter 2023. They are not cheap, this one would cost me $79. I've decided to wait until there is a newer version before I purchase my first update. I've been told that yearly subscriptions would soon be available, but I don't know the cost yet.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I’ve got it coming!
Winn17TourQD is offline   Reply With Quote