Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 Via Missing SD Card

Just purchased a "New" for me 2017 Winnebago Via. There is NOT a SD Card in the GPS Card Reader slot. I called River Park and they quoted $225 + Shipping for a replacement. Has anyone found another Vender that is less costly?
Roamer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Roamer, Welcome.

Here's the thing - you can't get one from anyone else besides Riverpark AND the SD card is connected to your infotainment system's serial number. If someone gave you a good copy of their SD card it wouldn't work in your device.

The only other option would be to replace the entire infotainment system on your RV.

Can you contact the Previous Owner or Dealership and get the SD card from them?

The SD Card obviously costs, $10 BUT the entire system software is on the card and more importantly the lifetime Rand McNally GPS software/Maps license is also on the SD Card.

Riverpark has to pay Rand McNally for each license. I don't know if this is true or not but I've seen comments that they pay RAND $130 for each license.

PS. I moved your question (post) out of that other 2-year old thread on the Infotainment system into your very own thread. Starting your very own thread with a new question is always the best approach - especially if the only other similar thread is a year or more old.