Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Replaced the Riverpark- now have a RM card available

Recently the Xite/Riverpark unit on our '16 View failed. I had felt lucky that we've not had any issues with it in our year of ownership... until it failed to power up last week.
My audio shop was unsuccessful in resuscitation and after several momentary power ups it just quit.
I upgraded to a Kenwood DNX996XR unit which is bigger, brighter and better. The shop was able to install a module to get the steering wheel audio controls to work, though I lost the rear camera audio but the picture is better. I chose to not buy the RV model because of cost and we also run a Garmin 780 and google maps. The sound quality is noticeably better too. Still lots to learn on the Kenwood.

I saved the Rand Mcnally SD card from the Xite and would like to pass it on to someone who needs it. I have no idea what version it is but we never had an issue with the GPS.
PM me if your interested in the card. Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi Mike. I just posted on the failure of the Xite/Riverpark in our ‘16 Navion. We went through the same series of ups and downs before it finally died. I’m looking to replace it with an Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, but I was hoping to keep the rear view camera functional. Did you find no way to utilize the existing cable/camera in any other system, or did you just opt not to?
Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Navion, The camera works fine with the Kenwood. The tech didn't mention any difficulty connecting the camera but there isn't one way audio from the camera which I rarely used anyway. We run the camera all the time to keep an eye on the ebikes/rack.
Overall I'm happy with the Kenwood which came with 5 yrs of traffic instead of the standard 2 yrs.
Not inexpensive though, ~~$1500 installed. Regards, Mike

ps. Still have the River Park SD card if anyone wants it....
Old 05-08-2020, 06:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I read your post to quickly and mis-read the part that said it was only the audio that didn’t function. That’s great news! I’ll look into using that same unit myself. Can you give me the specifics on the interior trim piece for that Kenwood unit you had installed, or where you ordered it from? And, this may be a lot to ask, but could you post a picture of the installed unit? Thanks so much. This thing has been dogging me ever since I bought it the RV!!!
Navion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:54 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour2Lane View Post
ps. Still have the River Park SD card if anyone wants it....
Just an FYI, those are keyed to the serial number of your core unit. The intention is to keep the RM license sold with the core unit paired with that one unit.

I’ve never tried it, but don’t think the SD card can be moved to another unit.

I don’t know if you tried it, or want to, but Riverpark “might” replace the faulty core unit, but it is a 2016 model.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

CP, Thanks for the heads up...makes sense & maybe that's why no takers on the card yet. As you guessed, I wasn't getting anywhere with Xite replacing the unit.

Navion, I had a local shop do the Xite evaluation and bought the Kenwood/had it installed right then. I think a faceplate was included but the shop made no mention of it. They charged about $18 for "shop parts". I do like that I can split screen- gps and camera.
A friend commented that I have 5 screens on the dash to monitor (including the tpms)... and 2 mirrors and a windshield!
A few pix. Sorry about the quality but it's dark in the barn. Hope this helps, Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200508_091252.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	173444   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200508_091236.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	173445  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200508_091334.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	173446  
Old 05-13-2020, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We spent over a year trying to get the river park unit to work in our 2018 view. At the end of a year Winnebago refused to fix it any more. We were on the phone with River Park all summer and fall and got to know their employees on a first name basis. We replaced 6 or 8 chips, two screens, two modules, the gps, and several cords. Finally went to Best Buy for service after Winnebago stopped warranting it. After two years, we have given up. The screen rolls, freezes, etc. We just reboot it. River park was really trying to help us unlike Winnebago who blew us off (very nasty people.) Seems to be a common problem with River Park units. Thanks for the tip on what to replace it with.
plrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

The Kenwood model an with RV specific gps mentioned in my first post is the DNX775RVS.
Regards, Mike
Old 05-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Seymourlane, if the SD card is still available, I would like to give it a try. We recently purchased a 2014 View and when trying to update it said our card is too small. Riverfront wants $140 for a new one. Most people advised to invest in a Garmin instead, so your card could possibly avoid any new purchase. Thanks!
musicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Shoot me a PM with your name/address and I'll drop it in the mail. Regards, Mike
Old 05-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

The system will not allow me to send a PM I found out as I am still a new member. So I will give you my email address and if you feel comfortable, you can shoot me an email and can reply with my mailing address. [email protected] . Thanks!
musicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thread Update

Just an update to let folks know that 'musicmaiden' did try the SD card I sent but as creativepart thought, it wouldn't work. His RP unit wouldn't recognize the card. Regards, Mike

Tags
ace, replace