Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Lithium in 2013 Meridian 34b

Great thread. Thanks for the info. Looking at installing lithium in my 2013 Meridian. Looks like a similar basement and tray. Any chance you could post a couple more photos? Any words or advice?
Magnum108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:36 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I have terrible data now so I can not upload photos. PM me or post here in a week and see if we have better data. Also I have some build photos on IRV2 as cruizerEd.

Cut off switches between solar array and charger controllers.
Breakers from charge controllers to 12v bus.
Fuses on every thing leaving 12v main bus.
As you can see, barely in my shots posted previously, I put the charge controllers over in that very narrow area on the driver side of where the batteries are. You can build out the switch, controller wiring, and breakers on a board on a bench and then just bolt the cables to some distributions studs on the top and bottom of the board after mounting the board.

I think Victron is one of the better systems.

Check out DIY Solar Systems on youtube. Points to some great prices on products.

Personally I prefer batteries with bluetooth BMS so that I can see the details of every cell in my system.

I suggest a cutoff switch before the fuse for the entire battery bank that way you can work on the 12v Bus without disconnecting the batteries. I prefer CLASS T fuses to the original type (ANL). I also suggest a cut off switch to the inverter that way you can work on the inverter without disconnecting the whole coach.

BEP marine has a "Pro installer" line of products that are high quality and let you build out a great looking system in a very tight space.

BEP also has very compact marine rated "battery fuses" but you can mount them on your bus bar and make a serious neat and compact fuse array.

Buy spare fuses when you order you parts.

Don't buy cables on Amazon. They might burn your coach down.

Put loom over everything to avoid chafing.

As for mounting the panels I think VHB tape is very good and I would not cover it with sikaflex. I haven't noticed any difference in my covered and uncovered VHB mounts and the uncovered are a lot neater looking and easier to clean.

Read the VHB mounting instructions and follow carefully. VHB tape needs time to adhere. Also make sure the mounts etc all line up so that you don't put an preload on the tape when you bold the panels on.

Tags
install