Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

To be clear, unless your schematic calls for that to be a 200A fuse, under no circumstance would I ever recommend installing a larger fuse. I too am confused, now that I know the fluid reservoir is full, why your system suddenly stopped working after nine years?

Can you hear the pump run when you retract the jacks?
Tallman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 02:29 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I should also have added, have you verified the electrical connections are all secure for the power to the pump and between the pump and that fuse?
Old 10-19-2023, 03:10 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

One other question: have you been regularly cleaning/lubricating each leveling jack? If even one of them has become sluggish due to binding/etc I believe that would also result in an increase in current. Unless you are frequently near the ocean, or leave them down for long periods of time, thus increasing their exposure to dust in the air, once/year for wiping with a clean cloth they spraying with a lubricant which does not retain dirt, is sufficient if I remember correctly. It's good that you received advice directly from WB... which causes me to wonder when was the 125A fuse put into the circuit (such as I discovered in my Brave)?? Good luck, I hope the fuse solves your problem, and you are welcome... we're all in this adventure together :-)!
Old 10-19-2023, 03:56 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y

I did check the schematic before calling WB and it does show a 200a fuse. WB stated they were having issues with 125a and talked with Lippert and they both agreed a 200a would be ok. The cable is 1/0 from the battery to the leveling system, so it should be ok as well. I did check all connections and they appear to be solid and clean.
The pump/motor all sounds normal. I did change the motor thinking that it was worn and drawing too much. After that change the amp draw went down some, but still high from what I believe is normal. I guess at this point though I don’t know what “normal” has been the past 9 years?!
I do clean and spray the jacks with silicon spray as I read in the Lippert manual.
We’ll see how this holds up. I don’t really feel that I “solved” my problem, but I’m within specs with the new fuse.
Thanks again.
Wilmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:05 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

As any mechanical device ages it becomes less efficient. A lot of factors are involved: normal ware, accumulated dirt on components, aged hydraulic fluid etc. The fact that the pump draws more current, with age, is not surprising and I would consider it normal.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, leveling