Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 Winnebago Intent & LCI Auto Leveling System

Wondering if anybody knows where I can find the LCI auto leveler controller in a 2018 Winnebago Intent.

Some wires from the LCI touchpad became frayed when the harness broke free under the RV and was rubbing up against the wheel. I cut the damaged area off, re-spliced it up out of the reach of the tire, and now the touchpad doesn't turn on at all.

I hope the nothing got cooked when I was pulling the cabling apart. I called LCI tech support and they said to look for a breaker that has been tripped, usually installed about 3 feet from the engine battery. I did not find anything like that dedicated to the leveling system, unfortunately.

I know that the 4-conductor harness from the touch pad goes through the dash, then down through the floor behind the fuse box under the steering wheel, then runs along the frame of the chassis toward the back, but I lose it once it goes back up through the floor under the kitchen sink area. I assume this is near where the controller is located, but I could not find it to test for voltage.

Any ideas? Schematic?
nomaxtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

looks like the intent came in four different length/models that year. can you specify which you have to better sort the drawing for location?
EDIT:
Sorry but a quick look at both wiring and parts for various models shows no info on the leveling system.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I looked through the Winnebago wiring diagrams but didn't find anything either. Ugh. Thank you, though. 31P, by the way.
nomaxtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Wonder what a search for LCI info might turn up for wiring, etc?
I have a separate book/manual for the levelers but have now noted what it has inside. Got any other info like that in your Winnebago folders?
Old 07-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The Winnebago parts diagrams for my 2017 Suncruiser 38Q show where my controller is located. They should locate yours as well.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileguy View Post
The Winnebago parts diagrams for my 2017 Suncruiser 38Q show where my controller is located. They should locate yours as well.
Thanks Missleguy, your post prompted me to do a second look and I was totally wrong and missed seeing the leveling system list. Sorry, proves out that we always need to check any info we get?
If this is not too late, the controller is listed/shown here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack controller.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	174184  
Old 07-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I went back to see if I had missed something on looking for info on My own RV leveling system and found I actually was not reading carefully enough!
The info IS there on my drawings, just not where it jumped out and bit me!
Leveling info is under the Chassis section and then there is a bit of mistake on the listing, but mostly it was my "quick look" that failed me. It does say leveling but it is in a group where exhaust is highlighted and I failed to spot it. I saw exhaust and missed leveling but the reason for the highlighted "exhaust " is not clear.
In looking around and swapping info with the group, I'm gradually collecting info on my own potential problems which may be very helpful in the future.
Good to have the old mind jogged a bit now and then?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leveling.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	174185  
Old 07-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #8
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxtech View Post
Wondering if anybody knows where I can find the LCI auto leveler controller in a 2018 Winnebago Intent.

Some wires from the LCI touchpad became frayed when the harness broke free under the RV and was rubbing up against the wheel. I cut the damaged area off, re-spliced it up out of the reach of the tire, and now the touchpad doesn't turn on at all.

I hope the nothing got cooked when I was pulling the cabling apart. I called LCI tech support and they said to look for a breaker that has been tripped, usually installed about 3 feet from the engine battery. I did not find anything like that dedicated to the leveling system, unfortunately.

I know that the 4-conductor harness from the touch pad goes through the dash, then down through the floor behind the fuse box under the steering wheel, then runs along the frame of the chassis toward the back, but I lose it once it goes back up through the floor under the kitchen sink area. I assume this is near where the controller is located, but I could not find it to test for voltage.

Any ideas? Schematic?

My 26M is in the probane compartment
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, winnebago