Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2023, 09:00 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Doing a quick look at that specific RV, it looks like one that has about as many options to change the answers as they could find!!
First step is to know the 7th digit of the serial number as 1 says early build and 2 is a later year build and may have some differences.
But then when I looked at the early year, it has a ton of options to know which exact items you will have??
This is for the early build and looks much the same for later but throws in some questions that may/may not change the answers?
In other words, I'm not sure and some guessing that needs checking!!
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000124818.pdf

Some of the options?
Click these snips to get better view or go direct for full drawing?
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	186910

I think you will have the option 073 and also the 50 amp, so I "think" it will feed the two AC like this, without going through any load shedding equipment for those.

I feel the drop down to 30 amp will leave one AC unit not powered, but I would not bet the farm on what happens after that as there are several things they don't show us after the transfer switch and getting into the load center.

The feed from cord or generator looks pretty clear like this. Either will give two feeds of 110AC each, the transfer picks one to pass through as two feeds to the load center as either Red or Black. At the main at load center, those two feeds pass the power to breakers for each air unit.
So if we drop to 30 amp, that will leave one of these dead and no power to one air!
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 30A.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	186911

Normal 50Amp will have red and black circuits both feeding power to each air, but is we drop to 30 amp, we lose one. I've drawn as losing the black side and that leaves one air dead.

What they don't show is that those two power inputs also are connected inside the load center to feed power on to the smaller breakers. This is often done in an alternating pattern with one 50amp feeding the odd numbered breakers and the other feeding the even.
BUT they don't show us how that power gets to each of the smaller breakers?? So it gets into a big leap to say what other parts will go dead!

I think there may be quite a lot of other small functions lost but there is not enough info given to actually say that as a firm answer!
Part of me seems to say a lot is lost but then I normally think of them as treating us better than that level of abuse!

Kind of like the old ouija board game? No clear answer!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

My final note on the subject...the best thing about 30 amp service is having 50 amp at your new campsite!

Tags
camping, service