Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Rain water in floorboards 2000 Adventurer

Hi everyone! This is my first question to the forum.

When it rains we find that the floor boards in front of the driver and passenger side are both soaking wet.

Last night we had a heavier than normal rain and I noticed now there is also a line of water going right down the middle of the camper running from the bed to near the refrigerator. It's a very specific narrow line of wet carpet.

We have a 2000 Adventurer, class A, that we recently got from our son. He had not had it very long and had not experienced the issue we're having. Right before he gave it to us he had the roof sealed.

Although we leveled it recently I noticed that we might have had a little sinking into the sand in the passenger corner of the camper. We had gotten some of those things put under the levelers but it still sunk in a little.

We do not see any drops from the ceiling anywhere. So we don't know where this issue is coming from.

Any ideas for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!
Tis_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:15 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Tis_I,
Since your son just had the roof sealed, you could find-out if they guarantee their work. Also, get up on the roof and see if everything looks good. It could be a clearance light leaking.
Do you know the floor plan number of your 2000 Adventurer? Here is the brochure so you can determine that.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-04-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Eagle5!

We have the 35U model. I posted a screenshot that shows the layout and the water floor locations in pink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230804-111843.png
Views:	49
Size:	629.5 KB
ID:	186868  
Old 08-06-2023, 08:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We climbed up on top today and didn't see any obvious issues. It looks like they did do some patch caulking here and there but didn't see anywhere that looked like it would be leaking in.

I did notice today that there a space where the plastic gasket across the top of the windshield has a gap about an inch or so long. It almost looks like the gasket shrunk. Strange.

We did have a lot of pine needles on the roof which we swept off. Tomorrow is supposed to rain all day ��
Old 08-06-2023, 09:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes indeed; it sounds like the leak could be where that gasket has shrunk. How did the Clearance Lights look?
Old 08-06-2023, 11:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We're going to have to get a taller ladder to look at those closely. I can't tell anything from the ground. They look normal I think. But I assume they could be leaking behind the lights, right?
Old 08-07-2023, 08:39 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis_I View Post
We're going to have to get a taller ladder to look at those closely. I can't tell anything from the ground. They look normal I think. But I assume they could be leaking behind the lights, right?
That is my understanding.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The water in the front sounds like it could be from the windshield seal. Since you coach is 23 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if the windshield frame is the source of. your leak, especially since the seal may have a problem. Winnie's are notorious for rusting of the windshield frame that allows water to leak inside. For a quck fix you could try some Eternabond across the entire width of the windshield and see if that fixes the problem. If not it might be the windshield frame is rusted enough to allow water to enter. The only way to fix that is to have the windshields removed and have the rust on the frame repaired, a costly repair if both sides need to be repaired as sometime both windshields need to be replaced because they crack when you try to remove them. Can't provide any insight on the water in the hallway. Good luck.

By the way I have a 2000 Brave and have had both of the windshield frames repaired.
delhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

You can get black rubberized caulk for the gap fill-in.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:26 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhawk View Post
For a quck fix you could try some Eternabond across the entire width of the windshield and see if that fixes the problem.
Rather than jump to Eternabond, which is difficult to remove, I suggest using All Weather Gorilla Tape, or even regular Gorilla Tape as a trial.

Here's a link to a thread I posted about my windshield issues on my 2002 Suncruiser 35U:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...od-362778.html

I had to remove my Eternabond tape and it wasn't fun. I have some All Weather GT on my van that's still in good shape after several years. If I had it to do over, I'd have used GT.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, vent, adventurer