Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-02-2023, 04:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2001 Adventurer fuse location?

Can’t find transfer 50 amp fuse coach battery’s not reading on panel generator getting no power checked power at batteries new batteries. Chasing down power to generator and panel inverter is next stop CANT find fuse for it
Jorgeflores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Four models of the 2001 Adventurer, so we can't tell where things will be on your RV!

Am I reading it right that there is no power shown for coach when looking at the monitor panel and you find no power to start the generator?
One first thought without being able to look for the correct RV is that the coach battery disconnect may be turned off!

An inverter is not likely to be involved as they only use battery to make ac power. A converter does use AC power to make dc for the batteries but if they are charged and connected the converter is not really needed yet.

The wiring diagrams for the 2001 model year can be found here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Sounds like the 12 volt wiring diagram is the right place to go for the info on how the disconnect relay and switch are wired and what they do.
I might make sure the disconnect switch for coach power is pressed to the on side first as it then sends the signal to the relay to move to engage. The switch is a momentary switch and "bounces back" when released and that is correct operation to avoid using battery full time. Does your model have an indicator light on the switch to show it is on?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 03:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I really do not understand what you are asking for. Your post to me is very hard to understand, sorry.

On my coach there is a lever type fuse located in the battery compartment. Its tied directly to the positive cable. If you put new batteries in you may have tripped that fuse. Also did you make sure you reconnected all battery cables back into the correct post.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry found the problem on off switch selniod not working can’t find it
Jorgeflores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

No problem, but we may need to be clear on names of things to know what is happening.
There is a battery disconnect switch that is often at the door or sometimes on the left side of the dash. That switch controls a relay to connect or disconnect the power from coach batteries to the RV stuff like lights, fans and water pump.

Then there is a different switch near the driver that connects to what is called a "mode solenoid" and it connects both chassis and coach batteries together at different times.
When we push the dash switch it is like doing a jump start for a weak chassis battery from the coach! Jump start without needing cables!
This solenoid also closes when we run the engine, so that both the coach and chassis batteries get charged from the engine as we drive!

Both the solenoid and disconnect relays are usually side-by-side and often outside under a panel just behind the drivers seat. Often have a label and behind a panel of fuses or breakers.
We would need to know which of four models RV 2001 Adventurer to locate them on drawings!

The relay and solenoid are located just behind the batteries on some models and might look something like this?

Click this snip to get better view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	mo0de.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	187477
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, vent, cat, adventurer