Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2002 Winnebago adventurer coach heater fuse location

What is the location of the coach heater fan fuse. When I push either hi or low on the dash switch nothing happens.
Gemcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Does everything else work? The coach blower wheels are known to walk on the shaft until they hit some and stop spinning. Then the fuse blows. But when that happens, a few things that share won't work.

This writeup explains fixing one in detail

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We don't get a lot of info on that portion as Winnebago does post lots of info on what they consider their part but not much on the chassis part which they buy from the builders. So things that are normally found on any car or truck, will often not get any mention on the Winnebago drawings.
But that can also be kind of a clue as the fuse and breakers for those parts are often out under the hood, just as they would be on a truck!
I know that is not as much help as it might be but it does cut the chase down to the 4-5 feet under the hood rather than all over the half acre?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The fuse is to the left of the steering wheel under the push-up part of the dash. I’ve got the same trouble with mine and plan to fix at some point. One person said if your hand is small enough, you might be able to remove the vent between the seats and reach in and slide the fan wheel to where it will turn freely. I tried it, but no cigar.
Charley67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Sounds like a good option to try. I really dread having to remove the water heater just to gain access. I will report results hopefully tomorrow
Old 11-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I repaired mine without pulling the water heater. I did pull the water pump though, gave me a little more room to work.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Fuse

Yes that fuse is under the dash clam shell on the left. It is not labeled as such. I do not remember what it is labeled and MH is in storage. They are easy to pull and check.
I haven't fixed the fan but did disconnect the switch so I can't blow the fuse....that way anyway.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. I'll look at that possibility
Old 12-07-2020, 05:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I had the same problem. Could barely reach the fan blade. Is definitely stuck

Tags
adventurer, cat, fuse, heat, heater, vent, winnebago