Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #101
Winnebago Master

Bob, once you turn the car around ,, be sure that you have a tow bar..I don't see one on the back of the car. A tow bar is a must if you are gonna tow anything,,,be sure your lights are working also,,Jim
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:25 AM   #102
Administrator Emeritus

Talked to Tracey this weekend (BigTrace) and following his lead I removed the "institutional" paper towel holder in the service bay and installed a regular paper towel holder. Went and picked up the blue rolled "shop" paper towels. Easier to use and refill...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #103
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Talked to Tracey this weekend (BigTrace) and following his lead I removed the "institutional" paper towel holder in the service bay and installed a regular paper towel holder. Went and picked up the blue rolled "shop" paper towels. Easier to use and refill... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I removed the standard paper towel holder this weekend in favor of a standard rubbermaid roll towel holder. In fact, I was able to use the middle left screw to mount the left side and only had to drill a new screw hole to mount the right side. I reused 1 of the screws that I removed from the original holder and simply took the other 3 and screwed them back in in case I wanted the original back in its place some time in the future. Works great and just barely clears the black tank valve. I have more use for the blue rag towels than the standard pull down types. It does look like there is room above if you want to install a rubber glove holder between the lights in case you need one.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:55 AM   #104
Administrator Emeritus

Existing screw holes didn't line up so I made two new 5/32 holes, used two existing screws and put the others back in their original holes...Note prior holes just below rack.

Thanks Tracey for the idea!!

Old 03-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #105
Winnebago Owner

I like your mod and I will do the same as soon as I run out of those paper towels that I liberated from work just prior to my second retirement. They were sitting there saying over and over - "we will fit that towel holder and you cannot find any anywhere else" Actually I bought them -

I finally made a mod to the utilities bay today that I have been trying to find the time for. If I could figure out how to paste a pic here I would show you.

The DW was driving me to the poor house buying water. I finally convinced her that with the proper 3 filters I could provide water that was just about, if not better, than store bought water. The first 2 filters are in the utilities bay mounted on the side wall with all the appropiate hoses to provide water to the fresh water input. All I need to do is connect a hose to the water source and via a quick connect fitting, connect the hose to the water input side of the filteration system. Works great. She is happy and I feel comfortablewith the water quality - at least as compared to what we were buying at the grocery store.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #106
Administrator Emeritus

Good job Adrian....

Adrian,upload a pic to the photo site,then cut and paste the http address, (under properties) to a post....When you click "reply,there are a bunch of icons....one of them looks like a picture....click it and paste it there and you're done!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #107
Winnebago Owner

Let's try this with the pin in the posting

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #108
Winnebago Owner

Looks really good Adrian
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:12 AM   #109
Winnebago Master

Adrian Lee, a great modification on your water system, truly beats buying water.

Just as an aside, a old country gal said to me one time when a storm was coming, "look at all the people buying water. Why don't they just fill up some jugs?" Wife still has me buy those little bottles for her to drink. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:37 AM   #110
Administrator Emeritus

Heard from dealer that the Triptek is now fixed,there was a pin that had come off....
Waiting for the replacement FRS radio docking station,turns out the #3 charging station was bad as I thought.
They are going to replace my passenger slide topper,waiting on that now...

Sherwin Williams/CDI Rep to be in town tomorrow to inspect my coach tomorrow for overspray....

Time to be camping here soon,better get this stuff finished!!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #111
Administrator Emeritus

Good news on the home front.....

Heard from CDI in Forest City and since I had agreed to travel back to Forest City to have the paint issue corrected, Winnebago has agreed to bring me back to the CDI paint facility and have the issues addressed at the paint facility.

Made my appointment for the middle of April, (have to get Uncle Sam's taxes straight first...),then I'm off to Forest City.

Want proof that Winnebago listens and is responsive to owner's needs? Look no further than right here.
I've had a passsenger side slide topper that my dealer had been dealing with the awning company about and the Owner Relations folks called my warranty rep and made sure they were on the same page....Winnebago has assured me the dealer is on the right track and that they will pay for it. Apparently the passenger slide goes in crooked and needs adjusting.

I've got one heck of a maiden voyage planned!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #112
Administrator Emeritus

Happy Birthday to me....

Picking up coach this morning from water leak fiasco....Warranty rep says Winnebago has approved ordering replacement carpet for the curb-side Storemore compartment. Other flooded compartment was service compartment and no carpet there.

Will work on attaching Blue Ox Kar Gard to tow bar and get ready to leave for Forest City and points beyond...
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 AM   #113

Happy Trails and Happy Birthday

Have a safe trip. Will you be "reporting" from the road?
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 AM   #114
Winnebago Owner

Bob,

I missed something somewhere - what was the cause of the leak??????? Inquiring minds need to know

Happy B-day and many more.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 04-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #115
Administrator Emeritus

Thsnks Glenda....

Not sure about on the way out,will probably check email and maybe the forum on the first night,but the trip out will be a marathon evolution,with a buddy and I sharing the driving. He and I learned to drive big red fire trucks together so I'm certain he can handle the coach...
Will have laptop and aircard while coach is with CDI,so probably do nightly updates the first couple of nights,as I'm sure we'll be off sightseeing during the day.
Will fly my buddy out by the end of the week and probably head south toward Arkansas and my daughter....Of course then that huge sail on the roof will come in handy for broadband access...Will most likely try and get a head start Sunday afternoon after finding all the Easter eggs.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #116
Administrator Emeritus

Adrian,

Sorry for the topic split, I had disclosed in the "tank leak overflow" topic that they had found a finger tight water fitting up under the shower. When the slide was going in and out it was working the fitting more loose each time,so much so that when the tech removed the grill near the shower and put his hand on the fitting it came apart in his hand....
Old 04-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #117
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
fiasco....Warranty rep says Winnebago has approved ordering replacement carpet for the curb-side Storemore compartment. Other flooded compartment was service compartment and no carpet there.

Will work on attaching Blue Ox Kar Gard to tow bar and get ready to leave for Forest City and points beyond... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We have driven through some Florida drenchers and I have been real pleased that our basement compartments have not had any leak issues.

Today we will busy getting the coach ready to head north to Forest City beginning tomorrow morning. I keep adding a few things to my punch list - Winnie is going to be real busy with my coach next week

Bob - give me a call when you get settled into Forest City (and Happy BDay!)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:33 AM   #118
Winnebago Master

Bob!

Happy Birthday to me also.......
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #119
Administrator Emeritus

to you and me....Way to go Tom.

Thanks John....will give you a ring when I get in town.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #120
Winnebago Master

Yea, BUT I'M 61!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THe only good thing about that is ONE MORE YEAR TO SOCIAL SECURITY.

OMG
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote