Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #201
Administrator Emeritus

Looks like this thread has worn out it's welcome....

I might as well file the turn signal cams in the "spoke too soon" category found elsewhere in Winnebago...

Started hanging up in left turn and blinking from rear to right,when in the right turn signal mode....
I hilariously found that I could actually switch it manually by using the ICC switch....

It's GOT to be something electrical, but doesn't look like it'll get fixed before changing hands.
I'm due back in town on the 26th and have a full schedule until the 6th when I trade her in Wilmington....

Good news is we were in a pretty good rain on 95 on the way down and the water stayed outside where it belonged...

Driver's seat wires all tight Roger....plug good,but not working....

I've had it with the turn signal cameras....get me home and someone else can worry about them.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #202
Winnebago Master

Sorry you are still having glitches but, as you say, they will soon be traded away. Automatic awnings and automatically-switching side view cameras will remain off my list of things to have on any new rig.

Hope you guys had a great trip down and are enjoying Mickey's place.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #203
Administrator Emeritus

Gary, no issues with the automatic awning,it even worked last night as we were apparently so tired we didn't hear the sensor close it...When we went out first thing this morning,I remarked that the door awning was out,but the big one was closed...I usually hear that thing smack the side of the coach!

Just love this Fort Wilderness place....whatta campground.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #204
Winnebago Master

Maybe I can make it there one day Bob. Have just heard good things about the Fort. Just enjoy your stay and have fun with the family. You will be like the cat on the tin roof when you get home...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 AM   #205
Administrator Emeritus

Oh my goodness....for those of you still following this fiasco, there's but ANOTHER issue to report.

Kind of hard to explain,but the A/C thermostat has gone bonkers...

When you "select" a temperature on the "set" mode,when it gets to that temperature on the "room" mode the thermostat will not cut off.
Two nights of roasting have now confirmed this...I physically have to get up and run the thermostat higher to get it to cut off.
I set it on 80 both nights and after a loooong time running I go out and it's still running the A/C and the "room" says 80.

Another issue revisted.....I've been sleeping on the Sleep Number Bed alone,as the girls have been out in the living room on the pull out because of the A/C issue and this bed is TERRIBLE for one person.....not sure why, but I remember John C. mentioning this.

While I'm in the mood,I might as well add the shower water pressure to the mix....GREAT pressure here at Fort Wilderness and great pressure at every spigot, OTHER THAN the shower. I know Adrian made mention of removing the inline on/off button, as it's a BIG restrictor,but something's weird.

Do you think my coach knows something's up?

The coach gods sure aren't with me this week!!
Old 06-23-2006, 03:32 AM   #206
Winnebago Owner

Bob,

Sorry to hear about the A/C problem and you are right, the Select Comfort mattress is not very good with only 1 person in it. You have to kind of sleep in the middle and set both air chambers to keep from rolling to one side. Then again, no mattress sleeps very good with only 1 person in it

Remove the on/off button on the shower. It only has a 3/16" hole in it. You will not believe the difference.

Just a little longer.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:38 AM   #207
Administrator in Memoriam

Hey Bob,

Sorry to hear about the AC troubles, you guys must be cooking in that rig with the heat down there in Florida.

Is there anything in that rig that hasn't caused a problem since you've had it? Cross your fingers, it still needs to get you home.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #208
Administrator Emeritus

Richard, at least it cools down a little at night so the A/C issue isn't sooo bad....We either freeze or sweat...
I do have to say it's REALLY nice to come back to this ice box after being at the parks all day and the A/C has been running!!

In all fairness,I do expect there to be issues to be dealt with.....I do feel "many" of my initial issues would have been caught by some semblance of a PDI upon me having taken delivery. I accept "some" of that blame as I allowed it to happen.
I should have taken the "emotion" of seeing my new coach OUT of the equation ( I hear ya John C...!!!) and held fast to a regimen of a complete PDI before accepting the unit.
There's NO doubt that many of the issues would have then been caught...
Instead, I accepted the "let us know what's wrong and we'll fix it" mentality.
The dealer where I've made my next purchase will NOT let that happen, insisting on doing a PDI with EVERY customer.

Adrian, I had decided not to mess with the button,but I'm going to do it this morning,out of frustration if nothing else...

The A/C has just decided to kick on, it's trying to make it the same temperature it already is....
Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #209
Winnebago Master

Bob, try directing the two outlets closest to the thermostat so the air will blow towards it.

Mine, got within one degree of satisfying and kept running,running,running. I turned the two outlets closest towards the thermo and it solved the problem. Place another thermometer close to the thermo so you will know what its doing...

Good Luck, jim
Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 AM   #210
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
Bob, try directing the two outlets closest to the thermostat so the air will blow towards it.
Good Luck, jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just went and did that....thanks Jimmy!

Every little bit helps...right?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #211
Administrator Emeritus

Just home from the Disney trip and have some reflections on the issues with my coach for anyone that might encounter the same issues.

I am now leaning almost 100 percent to there being an electrical gremlin causing the turn signal camera issue, as now I can alter the appearance of the turn signal cameras by not only pushing either "ICC" switch on the steering wheel,but they even switched last night when I hit the fog light switch...

Also am now experiencing a "brake worn" indicator screen in the Freighliner Information screen...brakes work fine with no apparent reason for the alarm.....Another gremlin?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #212
Winnebago Master

Bob, we are going to have to find you some gremlin spray till next week. Glad you are home safe.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #213
Winnebago Camper

$180K huh, what a pal

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #214
Administrator Emeritus

Stevie....all dem gremlims weren't happenin' when youz was lookin at the coach....the actual allowance is $175K.

All those gremlins will soon have answers to them and the coach will be fine as frog hair again.
Heck....I even know one of dem Showhauler dudes that'll soon be a motor home convert...
Just ask his wife and kids!!

Besides...the coach is STILL under warranty and the warranty transfers to the new owner as well.

You don't want to buy her,cuz then you wouldn't have anything to tease DriVer or OEM about, cuz this coach doesn't have one of those whizz bang air flow thingies....

Hakbar would LOVE havin' his own couch though!!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #215
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:

Mine, got within one degree of satisfying and kept running,running,running. I turned the two outlets closest towards the thermo and it solved the problem. Place another thermometer close to the thermo so you will know what its doing...

Good Luck, jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ha! Took us MONTHS to figure that one out! We would either freeze or sweat

Bob - it sounds like something is screwy with the electrics/wheel or the MMDC (I think that's the name of the interface brain.) I have read that intermittant grounds cause very strange and intermittant problems. Unfortunately your problem will need to be solved with cycles of very patient troubleshooting combined with replacing parts and then driving the coach.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #216
Administrator Emeritus

John, I am thinking the same thing....the electric gremlins seem to be appearing at will,so there's obviously something weird going on. I'm in a holding pattern of sorts now,as the next important "issue" I am waiting for is the Datastorm F2 removal this week.
They've even agreed to store the dish in the shop at Mobilsat for me John,so they'll not be the need to find a place to store it for a week....
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #217
Winnebago Camper

Bob, where she is going are they a Winnie dealer. after straightening out my Trek I don't know if I'm ready to go through it again so soon.

Whata ya mean his own couch, he has his couch, I need my own couch ya mean

Ya know if i did get a DP, omey & DriVer wouldn't talk ta me no mo

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #218
Administrator Emeritus

Howard RV is a Winnebago dealer....

"Oem and DriVer not talking to ya??? And that's bad becuz.....

(just kidding!!)
Old 06-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #219
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to everyone who posted to this thread, we've picked up a lot of excellent ideas, and it's somewhat comforting to know the issues we've experienced this week aren't unique. We picked up our new (to us) 05 Vectra 40AD Sunday evening, took it back to the dealer (along with our trade) to fix the 15 issues we'd found overnight, and then picked it up Tuesday night to start our 10 day vacation to N Cal. Now have another list going, a bakers dozen of gremlins, with more to come I am sure.

Lots of little "issues" seem to be the norm (and why ISN'T there any decent storage to hand in the cockpit?) but overall we are pleased, and hopeful the previous owners 9,000 miles were the funfilled ones dealing with the major issues so we don't have to!

One question - I'll search on Surge Guard, but can one of you give me the mfg and the model number of the one that seems to be so popular on the forum?

Happy trails to all.

05 Vectra 40 AD
RanchoVectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #220
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted June 30, 2006 12:34 PM
... (and why ISN'T there any decent storage to hand in the cockpit?)
One question - I'll search on Surge Guard, but can one of you give me the mfg and the model number of the one that seems to be so popular on the forum?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on the storage. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the tiny little shelf on the wall below the driver's window with a 'glove compartment' of some kind--maybe something that hinges open at the floor level?

Here's the surge guard I installed Surge Guard 50A Built-in

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote