Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #221
Administrator Emeritus

RanchoVectra, Welcome to the forum!!

Here is a picture of the 50 amp version of what I recommend, it's sold by rvupgrades who is an iRV2 sponsor....I like to support the sponsors that support this site...

HERE
is a link to the page of surge protectors,even the "hard-wired" versions....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #222
Winnebago Master

Check Boaters World for storage trays. They have some with suction cups that fit nicely on the left of the dash console..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #223
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the tips, folks! Would like to have that surge guard this weekend, though, so I will likely stop by Camping World on the way to Napa - I found the same one you all recommended within a minute or so after posting using the reliable search function of the site, but I do appreciate the quick responses.

Cbeierle, I agree on that shelf - nearly a complete waste of wood. But I found a ballistic nylon case at the RVer's friend, WalMart for about $30 that is big enough for cell phones, two frs,15 or so cd's and all our maps and atlases (and why do we carry these with GPS, I wonder....) with plenty of room left over and fits nicely in the left footwell, and will fit even better when I pull that shelf out!

Phil Degnan
05 Vectra 40AD
Rancho California ORA

05 Vectra 40 AD
RanchoVectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #224
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cbeierl:
Here's the surge guard I installed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I too am very pleased with my 50 Amp hard wired surge suppressor. It was a DIY but ya gotta feel comfortable working with large wires.

One recommendation is to make a jumper cable from the center tap of the transfer switch to the suppressor input so that "both" the shore power and the generator set feed through the suppressor and out to your main service panel.

I wouldn't be without a total surge suppression solution on board.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:15 PM   #225
Administrator Emeritus

Now that I got your attention....

Susan Dwyer from Howard RV called today to say a very nice gentleman had taken home the "debugged" Vectra and I must say if the bugs are gone, he got a very nice coach...

Hopefully she remembered to give him an iRV2 sticker so maybe he'll be along soon...

Congrats to the new owner!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote