Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #181
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Gary....Adrian said he had something like 15 pounds of pressure...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #182
Administrator Emeritus

Good point Don....the GE warranty would be handled, (hopefully) by the dealer....
Old 06-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #183
Administrator Emeritus

Good news.....a replacement microwave has been shipped and they're ordering a new switch to address the camera issue....

Leaving the middle of the month to see my pals Mickey,Minnie and Goofy......

Pretty funny.....the wife said "what's the hurry on the oven, we can certainly eat out!!"

Old 06-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #184
Administrator in Memoriam

Bob,

Did you find out what was causing your furnace to fail to light and the heat pump to not run? Was it definitely the CG power? Our power was OK but we weren't running much, just the fridge, water heater, converter, and maybe a couple lights at night.

I doubt you'll need them while in FL but I was just curious what was causing the problem.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #185
Administrator Emeritus

Richard, I guess I forgot to tell you that before I left....

Starting the genset cured ALL the other problems.....my unofficial verdict is the campground pedestal at the very least was wacko....

You can bet the surge protector is hooked to the end of that power cable as it sits right now in the compartment....I simply retracted the cord reel and left the thing on the end....

Once bitten....twice shy!!

I think the "real" way to go is what Adrian and some others have done.....hard wire the thing!!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #186
Winnie-Wise

Bob, I think an advantage of the portable unit is that you take it with you when you trade. They really don't give you anymore on a trade if you have a built in surge protector so I figured I'd avoid paying for one every time I switch. Since getting it I switched once and saved the cost of a new unit. Also, you can use it immediately with your new MH without any work (and I've got 5 thumbs on each hand).

Don
Old 06-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #187
Administrator Emeritus

I understand your reasoning Don,but if you arrange for the dealer to move it,or install it new when the coach comes in,that'd almost be the same thing I guess....

Either way is fine,that's certainly why they make both....I can assure you that I'll NEVER be without one again.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #188
Winnie-Wise

Bob I was going to go for a permanent until I got to thinking about how it would be transfered. I started wondering about how the power cord would be reconnected. Since I bought directly from the Canadian distributor (rather than through a Cdn dealer at 2.5 times the price through the Coast system) having a dealer install it was going to be tricky (they don't like installing things you bought elsewhere)so I never followed up on the mechanics of a transfer from one to another.

There are some advantages to a fixed installation though. I have to use a little plastic container to keep out moisture and I have to lock the surge protector to the power cable with the hasp to ensure it doesn't grow legs and walk away. WIth the fixed install you can forget those concerns.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:04 AM   #189
Winnebago Master

Don, the other solution is to cut the power cord in the electrical compartment, intall a male and female plug on the two ends and then plug your portable Surge Guard in , in the compartment. Then you are protected from theft and the weather and when you sell you can take the Surge Guard out plug the two ends together and it back to the original..I like the hard wired tho..Jim,
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 AM   #190
Winnie-Wise

Jim, that is a good way to go .... until I looked at the cost of the connectors for the sow cable law summer. When we put our 50 amp in at home I knew I'd be short with the MH cord to get to the pool shed where the outlet was located. That is when I got an education on the cost of 50 amp sow. Turns out the real expensive components are the male and female ends. If you look at the 50 amp extensions at CW you find 15 ft is $125 and 30 ft is $143. I bought the 30 ft even though I might have gotten by with the 15. The two ends are,I gather, the real expensive components. When I had the electrician install our 50 amp service (plus other wiring setting up the pool for salt water chlorination, which I'm about to do) I asked him about a 50 amp extension. He had never had a request like this so he had to check his suppliers. WOW - far more than CW, even when converted to US$. He said the cost was in the two connectors.

Don

ps. I think all of the manufacturers could do better in this area. Why not built in surge protectors? Why not built in water pressure regulators? If not standard, at least as options (which I'm sure most of us would take).
Old 06-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #191
Winnebago Master

You know todays cost.
I did it on a 99 Adventurer 30amp bout four years ago...Sink cover for 03 Horizon in 04 80something dollars today bout 115.00. No inflation?? Just get a hard wired protector and make it part of the deal when you buy. Your suggestion bout the options makes sense that's why it isn't done. Jim
Old 06-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #192
Administrator Emeritus

Dealer called today and the microwave arrived Friday....They already had the signal module.

I was FORTUNATE they were able to slide me in on Wednesday,as we're leaving for Mickey and Minnieville on Friday morning....
Old 06-14-2006, 05:10 AM   #193
Administrator Emeritus

Ok....where to start,a hilarious day so far.

New issue.....Freightliner display started reading "brake worn" as I started the coach to leave Snyders....GOSH!!

Just home from the dealer and the microwave replacement install was seamless and everything's fine there....case closed,THANKS Snyders and Winnebago.

Turn signal cam issue is another story...In accordance with Winnebago's plan,they sent a special whiz bang module with a "yellow sticker" on it,maybe it was one they doctored up, but on the way home the cams still hung up in the turn signal mode...Seems to confirm a chassis issue,as it's most likely in the wiring bundle on the stem....Heard that before??

Let's give a shout out to the folks at Snyders,as I now know they're reading this...Hi Jeremy and JD!!
They've been great to deal with, but they told on themselves today when they mentioned "you're getting a new coach soon anyway aren't you??
Too funny....It cracked me up.

The good news is that the dealers are on the forums now, reading about the issues of these coaches and the impact they have on our members...

Sounds like the turn signal issue will eventually end up being a Freightliner issue...as I'm leaving for Florida on Friday,that one may have to wait...
Old 06-14-2006, 05:51 AM   #194
Winnebago Master

One outta Two ain't bad Bob. Be safe in your travels and have fun in Florida
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #195
Winnebago Master

Bob:

Sounds like a 'gremlin' caught a ride on your rig on it's trip from the factory to Snyders.

Snyder's in Roanoke has been great so far whenever I've needed them. When I took my rig there for the slide motor, they treated me like I had bought it from them. It is a shame they have so few new rigs available here.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #196
Administrator Emeritus

If it weren't for bad luck....

Went out this morning to open the slides and start packing,as yesterday was a complete washout thanks to Tropical Storm Alberto...We got a BUNCH of rain yesterday....(anybody see where this is going yet??)

Anyway,when I opened the door I got a bath!

There was water standing on the door sill,on the front dash and down in the defrost vents and all down the passenger side above the door and below the roof edge...
(Remember the windshield leak on the way to Forest City??)

Anyway....a BIG THANK YOU to the gang in service at Snyders,as they essentially had a tech that dropped everything and resealed my windshield....He removed the A pillar trim on both sides and recaulked there,then ran a bead of caulk under the rubber seam across the top of the windshield.
Water was standing on the dash and on the steps,even was in the passenger side cup holder...
We're off to Disney in the morning and hopefully we won't have any rain to test the repairs til we get back home....

Not sure how much I'll be here on the forums til the 26th,but will try....

M-I-C....K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E!!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #197
Winnebago Master

Bob, sorry about the problem,tho I am glad you could get it seen too. Try to put all that aside and enjoy yourself at Mickey's House..
Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #198
Winnebago Master

BOB just think of your new toy waiting for you when you get back ,forget about the water you will have dry sailing in the next month, enjoy Mickey.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #199
Administrator Emeritus

GREAT NEWS!!

For some reason the "newest" turn signal cam module started working today,right out the blocks...All the way to Savannah, with a 2 second delay....Great news!!

More bad news to file under the "something else gone wrong" file....The power controls for the power seat are kaput...When I checked the breaker it was popped and when I reset it,only the passenger seat works....Checked the plug under the seat and it's tight...Good thing I'm the only driver,huh?

Hey,the signal cams more important...
Old 06-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #200
Winnebago Master

Bob, check the plug wires sometimes they are not crimped and a wire maybe loose.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote