Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #141
Administrator Emeritus

Had most of the list addressed today and since I have a two day scheduling "block" for repairs,they'llfinish up in the AM.

Will drop back by and check with Winnie service tomorrow morning and then head over to CDI and have the drip addressed when they're done....

I'm amazed at the "small town" atmosphere that exists here,as it turns out our waitress tonight in the Lodge actually has the daytime vocation of working in the 3M mask department at CDI. Her fiancee is a painter at CDI.

Seems everyone in Forest City either works for or owns an Itasca or Winnebago.....some apparently do both!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #142
Administrator Emeritus

Took the coach back to CDI today for the drip repair,looks EXCELLENT!!

The dialogue between CDI and Winnebago Customer Service continues to amaze me.....As I had posted previously,CDI installs most of the outside stuff on the FBP coaches post paint.
When I dropped off the coach this morning at CDI,I remembered the aft bedroom awning had failed on the trip and hadn't been addressed...
The lead tech from CDI coordinated getting the part from Winnebago and when I picked up the coach it was all fixed.

Water leak over windshied was found by "pressuring" the coach and then using a bubble solution on the window...
TV/Radio switch in 2006 requires the use of the VCR as a driver/amplifier for the surround speakers....
Vibation in front end was fixed by balancing the front tires and solving the run out issue.

TRULY and THOROUGHLY ENJOYED meeting Jane and John Canfield, what a GREAT time Jim and I had with them....(I worried a bit that Jim and JAne would bore of the rv tal, but they both seemed to hold their own.
Jim has told me several times how much he enjoyed the trip....

I look forward to possibly returning to Forest City in September of 2007,as Jim learned the Iowa State Firemen's Convention is in Forest City....

My thanks to EVERYONE at Winnebago,most especially Bryan Funke of Service Administration, for ALL of their assistance and hospitality.
The people I came in contact with in Forest City,from the every day citizens to ALL the employees of Winnebago Industries,CDI and every other business we frequented could not have been nicer...
Old 04-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #143
Administrator Emeritus

Sorry for the typos,I'll address them in morning...I'm typing as we roll down the road so I try and hit a key as it goes by!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:33 AM   #144
Administrator Emeritus

Winnebago service addressed every one of my issues and with the exception of the side view cameras,has resolved all the other issues. One issue,the tv/radio switch was apparently not an issue but a "user" error....(ME!!) I hadn't read anywhere that you needed to use the VCR to "drive" the surround sound and I've read all the manuals...Worked great on the way home though.
Jared, my technician reported there was a "two second delay" built into the camera system and he said that when they tried it in the shop it seemed to be working properly....Seems weird,but going down the road the turn cameras "hang" for sometimes twenty or thirty seconds per side and every now and then when you switch the left turn signal on it's blinking the rear and left back and forth....I'm sure there's an issue with a module somewhere,guess that's something I'll need to address here at home.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #145
Administrator Emeritus

NEW ISSUE on found trip,required fixing by me....

In a perfect world,this would not have happened,but I'm calling a "no harm no foul" on this issue as I've taken care of it...

While at Forest City the two outer black cowling pieces under the windshield wipers were replaced as part of the overspray issue.
Apparently the tech at CDI didn't get the starboard wiper tight enough as it quit working and laid over by the mirror,while going down the road....We stopped at a truck stop,in the pouring rain,and grabbed a wrench and repositioned the wiper and tightened the nut. I did lose the "beauty" black snap on piece that covers the nut and that rotates out the way for access to the nut...It became road kill somewhere....Thank goodness for the covered roof at the fuel dock!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #146
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
--snip-- Seems weird,but going down the road the turn cameras "hang" for sometimes twenty or thirty seconds per side and every now and then when you switch the left turn signal on it's blinking the rear and left back and forth....I'm sure there's an issue with a module somewhere,guess that's something I'll need to address here at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob - it sounds like it might be the camera switcher black box - I think the cameras all plug into the box and somewhere there must be an input signal from the turn indicators to tell which camera to be active. This is the box that I didn't install when I added the side cam - I manually switch cameras with the A-B-C switch on the Sony monitor. If you would rather control your cameras manually, I'll bet you can reroute them to the back of the monitor directly.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #147
Winnebago Owner

John,

When I installed my side cameras (Voyager) there was not a separate switch box. Perhaps your system is different.

There are 3 "indicator" wires for the cameras. 1 to the back up indicator wire from the CAT instrument light cluster. 1 to the left turn signal indicator wire and the 3rd to the right turn signal wire. I can look and see the wire colors if you need.

I would like to disconnect the turn signal trigger wires and figure out a switch I could mount on the steering wheel. That would be optimal. Reaching over to the monitor to press the camera select button is a pain.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #148
Administrator Emeritus

During the day,this is a "common" sight to see....The bikes are John and Jane's and they are using them to "save" their service spot...

Old 04-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #149
Administrator Emeritus

CDI's facility from the road....Here is where EVERY full body paint coach is painted for Winnebago.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #150
Administrator Emeritus

O give me a home.....

Old 04-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #151
Administrator Emeritus

If you make it to Forest city, you just HAVE to visit this place....

Jim and I were in the "new" section and thankfully, John came in the door and pointed in the right direction.....If you're looking for surplus Winnebago stuff,it's in there!!

They had the entire fixtures for those toe kick night lights for what I could find just the bulbs for....Needless to say, I bought a few.
Need a shelf door,a magazine rack,electrical parts or even a remote roof spotlight from goodness knows where? Yep....

Old 04-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #152
Administrator Emeritus

The need for speed and internet connectivity at work in Forest City.....Also could have used it as a spinnaker on the way across Iowa!!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #153
Administrator Emeritus

Called dealer today to schedule install of turn signal module....Little birdie told me it came into dealer on Tuesday....They hadn't called so I wanted to get it done before trip next weekend...

Supposed to drop it by on Monday and they'll do it while I wait....Hopefully will solve the cameras hanging up....

Knocking on wood....this is so far the "last" issue I've needed to address....

Will update status after install on Monday.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:45 AM   #154
Administrator Emeritus

Just home from dealer and install of turn signal module....New module seems to be fine,operates with the "prescribed" two second delay.

Lots of tire kickers on the lot,always get a kick taking the Vectra there as it truly turns a few heads since my Winnebago dealer doesn't "stock" the Vectra....

Gotta love that "WOW" feeling.....

Will give the module the true test this weekend,headed to the iRV2 Mid-Atlantic shindig in Paradise,PA
Old 05-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #155
Administrator Emeritus

Not a good start to my irv2 Mid-Atlantic trip,as I had to stop off at dealer this morning before ever really getting on the road...THOSE DARN TURN SIGNAL CAMERAS!!! For some reason the module hung in the right camera and wouldn't switch without really working the turn signal lever. I called the dealer from the road and stopped on the way and had them put the OLD module back in....I KNEW it would at least give me the rear camera....
Service manager was really concerned I was mad at them,it was funny....I guess I was a little perturbed.
I'm not mad at anybody,just frustrated with something that should work better than it does.
I got pretty good at cycling the camera back and forth when it hung up and in instances where I needed the back camera more than the turn camera, I just didn't signal...

First trip actually pulling the toad longer than around Virginia Beach and the Cummins did just fine....Hsve to admit I was watching the temp a little more than normal, as John C. brought it to the forefront....No big grades like he was pulling,but still was on my mind.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #156
Winnebago Owner

At least you finally get to go somewhere in her.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #157
Winnebago Owner

Rebelsbeach; my cameras did the same thing to me as soon as I left the dealership. I played with the turn signal a couple of times and it never happened again. It did fine when we went to the dealerhip last weekend.
My Mom has a Holiday Rambler and when I was driving it last summer; hers did it too. But after awhile it started working just fine. Please let me know what you find out on yours so I'll know what to do with mine if it happens again.
Have a fun and safe trip.
Cheryl

Sweet40FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:23 AM   #158
Administrator Emeritus

Cheryl, it's really strange....We were all sitting here last night in the coach and I was talking about it. Went over and turned on the key and the darn thing switches back with the "prescribed" two second delay,and this is THE OLD MODULE,as I watched the tech change it back yesterday...I'm really at a loss as to why this seems to be "speed" related as it doesn't do it at rest.
I'm wondering whether a call to the camera vendor tech support might be in order...

Pouring buckets here in Lancaster,should dampen the arrival of the other folks but certainly not our spirits,as we can always have a happy hour!!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #159
Winnebago Owner

Bob, hopefully yours and mine will do like my Mom's did last summer. I put over 4000 miles driving my Mom from the east coast to over here in California. Her camera's acted up the first 500 miles and then was fine the rest of the trip. I never had another problem with them. She's been to several of her Ralleys since then and they have been fine.
Be safe and have fun. Hopefully the rain will stop.
Cheryl

Sweet40FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #160
Administrator Emeritus

Awning.....poured rain this morning and after watching it rain for a while I became concerned the awning hadn't dumped any rain...
Decided to bring awning in and saw first-hand where NOT to stand when bringing water filled awning in...

I realize awning should have been in already,but I was in shower and getting dressed when it started raining and didn't think it was going to be the brief Lancaster monsoon it was....

Beginning to really question some of the "way things are" with the systems of this coach,as there was a LOT of water in the awning.
I learned later,when talking to Bill (MCPO RET) that he was amazed with the amount of water as well....

Starting to think this coach was built on a Friday....