Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2024, 09:58 AM   #1
BigMatt and Kitty Friends

Recommended Replacement for Parallax ATS 5070 Shore/Generator Line Switch

Hi All,

Saturday night I was laying in bed when I smelled electrical smoke, shortly thereafter I saw arching and lost power. I ran out and disconnected from shore power, and am OK running on Generator now, though I don’t want to do for too much longer, as the picture shows I am not comfortable with it.

Turns out I lost the neutral, and it melted through the bridge bar (picture). I was hoping to replace the bridge bar, but I cannot find one even at an in person State Electric Supply, and digging through catalogs with their guys.

Looking for recommendations on best replacement for the ATS 5070.

Also, the only thing that will burn a neutral line like this is either a loose connection, which best case scenario would have been at the bridge bar itself, or a ground fault down stream. Connection in the panel is tight and clean.

Metered the generator production at panel and still coming in cleanly at 121 volts. Before I found this (pictured), I metered shore power around 32.

The only other clue I have is that the brand new house batteries were dying even when plugged into shore power if I left for a few weeks. Recommendations on the wire routing from the line/generator switch to the step down battery charger and where is that charger located?

Thanks,
Matt
2005 Winnebago Voyage 33v
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4105.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	189005  
Mattturley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think I see what and where for the answers but first need to check that you are the RV I think! I think I see a 10 and 12 gauge at far right as feeding from the transfer switch to the load center?
That likely means a 30 amp main breaker but there are two versions of that coach. To be more sure of the right drawings, can you check that the load center has 8 breakers with the five at right side being all 15?
Or do you have 9 breakers and end with the far right being a 20amp?

Click for better view!
This breaker panel?

Name:	main.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	189008
Or this?

Name:	20amp.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	189009

I see it as being a separate stand alone converter that is fed off the load center transfer switch like this? near passenger side with the front to left on this drawing.

Name:	converter.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	189010

But is that the burned wire? I think I see that as the power cord white neutral as the one that is cut off?

Or am I missing why you ask?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, generator, replace, replacement, switch