Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2022, 05:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear Camera Image Dim

Hi, I have a 2015 Aspect with the GPS "Infotainment" radio which also displays the rear and side Camera images. When in radio or GPS modes the screen image is pretty good but when displaying the rear or side camera images it's quite dim. I found screen brightness and contrast adjustments in the settings menu but cannot do anything to make it brighter. Not sure where to start testing what's going wrong... Cameras? Cabling? or the radio input itself.

Advice & Suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with our rear view camera. I sourced a new camera then learned on our coach the connection is buried inside the rear fascia and cannot be accessed without removing the fascia.

So I pulled the radio out and connected the new camera directly to it to see if the radio was the problem. New camera had a crystal clear picture, so I reconnected the cables and put the radio back in. There was a three foot "pigtail" cable between the radio and the cable that run to the rear with RCA connectors too.

Like magic, the rear camera began working perfectly again and has worked all last year. I suppose I got lucky and only had a lose or oxidized connection on the radio plugs. I'll just hang on to the new camera for now. Might find a use for it somewhere...
Old 12-07-2022, 07:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

My camera was dim... I washed the lense and it got a lot brighter.
dick

Tags
camera