Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dim dash lights

The dash lights on my 2011 Adventurer are so dim that I have to keep a flashlight handy to see the gages during the daylight hours. At night, the lights are bright, but could be better. Ford service tells me they are working properly. Anyone else having trouble with their Winnebago lights being dim?
senior-cit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've noticed that the dash is difficult to see depending on the lighting conditions. It's most noticeable when driving into the sun or when the sun comes in the drivers side window. The gauges can be seen, but it takes longer for my eyes to change focus between looking out the window into the bright sun then trying to glance into what appears to be a black hole.

Another thing I've noticed is it's impossible to see the gauges when wearing polarized sun glasses no matter what the lighting conditions are. At first I thought the instrument panel went black, but when I got out at a gas station to fill up I couldn't see the display on the pump either. I raised my glasses and the display on the pump and dash were easy to read. I think the screens must also have some polarization and the polarized glasses block the images from coming through.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior-cit View Post
The dash lights on my 2011 Adventurer are so dim that I have to keep a flashlight handy to see the gages during the daylight hours. At night, the lights are bright, but could be better. Ford service tells me they are working properly. Anyone else having trouble with their Winnebago lights being dim?
Remember that if you run with lights on during the day, the switch automatically dims the dash lights.
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Have you checked the dash lights dimmer control, may not be all the way to bright.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Here is a link to a thread that shows my fix to the dash gages being hard to see in the daytime. I posted pics to show the improvement. Hope this helps. By the way, Ford and Winnebago pointed the finger at each other as to who was responsibility. so I fixed it myself. It works great.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/dash...ml#post1784869
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

dash lights

ghutch, you said you attached the lights to a rocker switch, where is that located?
jdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

On our 2013 Vista, the map light behind the driver is turned on by rotating the dash light dimmer switch to a switched position at the upper limit of the rotation. I tapped into this circuit to control the lights that ghutch added. No additional rocker switch is needed.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdala View Post
ghutch, you said you attached the lights to a rocker switch, where is that located?

On the lower left panel near the 12V outlet. (driver left knee area)
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

rocker switch

thank you for your help on where the switch is located
jdala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, lights