Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Electrical Light Switches

I have a 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F and I'm either not finding the right switch or I have an electrical issue. When I turn the switch on that says ceiling lights below the Master Control Panel next to half bathroom just left of where you walk in, only the lights over the kitchen area and part of the dining/living room come one. The four other ceiling lights towards the front over the rest of the dining/living room do not turn on. Am I missing a switch somewhere or do I possibly have a bad connection, burned out LED lights or a short?

Need help. This a new purchase for us and have had it less then one week , so please be gentle. 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks for your knowledge
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you have to ask folks to be gentle when you first meet-----you may be dealing with the wrong folks!
We try not to abuse anybody or at least not for the first few times!!

I like dealing with the electrical issues and drawings are one of my main things as there are so many different RV with all kinds of small points that differ.
So one of the first questions I may need to abuse you on is to get exactly the right RV!
There is a tremendous amount of info online so when searching for a speciifc switch, I feel better if we can go to the correct drawing from the start. There are often early and later models of each year, make and model and they change the 7th digit of the serial number.
Can you do a check if that 7th digit is 1 or is it 2?
All electrical drawings here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

But then there are lots of times when the changes don't involve the ceiling lights, so we might go with the idea of you having the early model with 1 as 7th digit and see if it matches what you have? Lots of ceiling switches and I can point out a bunch for you to check.
Maybe we can get lucky and you find a hidden gem on the first try??

Click these snips of the drawings to get a better view on a computer but then see if you find the switches in the right spots. If you can pin it down to some specific switch and give me the detail lettering like EC, etc. that will be a good clue to which circuit we might need to look at more.

LEFT side or driver's side?
Click image for larger version

Name:	sw 4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	184774

Right and I think I spot the one you mention just inside and to the left as being switch detail EG, EM or EN?
Does that seem to match?

Name:	sw right.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	184775

Details of some of the switches?

Name:	sw2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	184776

If we need to get into it deeper, there is a system to it! On each switch there are labels for what that circuit does like on detail EG, it shows a circuit PL. We can use that info to go to a list here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Looking at PL on the list, it says that goes from the switch to a front ceiling lamp! By hunt and peck if needed, we can sort if there is a circuit breaker tripped or if there may be a break somewhere.

Like looking for Easter eggs, maybe? First we have to find what an egg might look like!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:18 PM   #3
Site Team

On my Adventurer 37F, which is the same model but a 2017 model year there are 3-light switches there. The one on the right turns on a couple of ceiling lights in the kitchen, the middle turns on night lights at the floor around the entrance and in the hallway, the left hand switch turns on a number of ceiling lights in the kitchen and part of the living room. The rest of the ceiling lights, in the dining and living room are turned on by a switch on the wall next to the door. There are two switches there side by side. The one on the right turns on the rest of the ceiling light’s mentioned above and the other is the porch light switch.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Creativepart,
I do believe you are absolutely correct. Have not been able to get back to the coach, but I definitely remember seeing, not paying particular attention though, two or three switches above the outdoor stair switch and battery disconnect switches. When I get back to the coach in storage, I will look there first.
Thanks for your timely reply and insight.
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, light, switch