Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2022, 08:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No camera display.

None of my 3 cameras display any video. The monitor is lit, just a solid blue tint, and it will display the words "camera 1, 2 and 3" but no actual picture. Seems strange that all 3 camera views would quit at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas or where I could get it fixed? There is really not much in my area that deals with RV's. Thanks.
empty_nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, there is a video control box that all three cameras and the reverse/turn signal triggers plug into. Then this plugs into your monitor/radio/infotainment.

We don't know what you have exactly but a good place to go to get things like this fixed is an Auto Stereo Sound Install shop. They deal with these kinds of components all the time. We don't know where in Western NY you are - but most larger cities and towns have such a place.

Best of luck. Fingers crossed it's just a cable that's come unpluged.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply. I'll do some digging for a place. I'm sure we have something not too far away.

I just noticed that we spend our winters just down the road from you, in
Rockport. Love the area! Take care.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
Site Team

We were in Rockport for my birthday last month. We were on the Bayside at Goose Island State Park. We like the area, as well.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Nice park. Always look forward to heading back down there in the fall.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:05 PM   #6
Former Winnebago Class A

You did turn your lights on, right?
Old 04-18-2022, 03:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Day/Night Switch

Does your display unit have a “Day/Night” switch? My display head is a Sony, which features a push button selector at the lover right corner. If it is accidentally left in the “night” mode, during daylight operations, the screen is too dim to view any camera, regardless of the brightness and contrast settings.
Touring Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty_nest View Post
None of my 3 cameras display any video. The monitor is lit, just a solid blue tint, and it will display the words "camera 1, 2 and 3" but no actual picture. Seems strange that all 3 camera views would quit at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas or where I could get it fixed? There is really not much in my area that deals with RV's. Thanks.
If you need to get to the switch box, it is located in the dash. With a little looking about you can find all the screws needed to remove the dash cover. The windshield vents need to come out. On my coach I had to remove the top cover over the instruments. Once the screws were all out of the deck cover I had to pull it toward me to get it free. Now you have access to troubleshoot the problem.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We finally got some warmer weather so I could get out to play with this a little, but the situation is getting stranger.

I found that, if I turn the ignition key to ACC, for some reason the rear camera displays on the monitor just fine. Also the left view is okay. But when switching to the right, there is no display and when going back to the rear.... nothing. Turn the key to off and and back to ACC and everything repeats.

Now, turn the key to the "on" position, without starting the engine, everything is exactly the same.

So, I started the engine and now I do have the rear and left but when trying the right, I get nothing and also lose the rear and left.

I have done absolutely nothing since my original post. This makes no sense to me!

Tags
camera