Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Signal and headlight issue

Hi all. ‘91 Elandan. Turn signals stopped working. No click nor flash when engaged. Also, headlights stay on even when vehicle is off.
Any advice?
StinkyBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Hello StinkyBrett,
First of all; great moniker.
As to the twin failures, I would guess it is from a worn-out part at a common location. If I were to assume your headlamp switch was a rolling knob on a steering wheel stock column, and your turn signals failed at the same time, it probably is the Steering Wheel Clock (or whatever it was called in 1991.) If the above assumption is true, then I would pull the steering wheel and check for worn electrical contacts.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-07-2022, 02:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

This might be a good time to mention something that is missed when we first run into RVtrouble. Finding things has to be sorted into what is RV/Winnebago and what is the chassis builders portion. In your case looking for who built the chassis and what that chassis is, will be step one to digging for info and that has always been a pain to me as I don't have the good info on that end.
Some books from the auto parts store, maybe?
My only experience with the stuff in the steering column has always been BAD as there tends to be too many little "secrets" involved with getting in and then I found a whole bunch of tiny things all built together so I had a hard time even getting a look!
Hope you find better!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light