Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2023, 12:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Jensen XRV10 Radio Replacement Woes

Good Morning!!

I had read about a replacement radio program for the Jensen XRV10 Infotainment System in my 2018 Winnebago Sunstar LX. The Jensen started to randomly create an extremely loud squeal through all of the speakers. I have a video showing the issue. It doesn't matter if the volume was at a almost off position, it still screamed at full volume. The level was easily in excess of 100 dB. I was a professional sound person by trade and have a good understanding of such things.

I contacted Winnebago Customer Service and was offered a replacement kit with a Sony XAV-AX3200 head unit, a new bezel to compensate for the screen size being 7" instead of 10", several switch blanks, a custom harness, two camera adapter cables and a new camera switcher because the Sony only has a single video in. I found the radio online and purchased it. I ordered all of the parts at my own expense from Winnebago and planned to do the installation myself. Almost all of the parts were sold without the ability to return them. (Custom order)

I have invested over $1600 in this replacement system. I have been given little to no support from Winnebago or Riverpark Electronics. I have everything installed and operational except for the rear view camera. Winnebago did not supply an adapter for the rear view camera, only two for the side views. I have contacted Riverpark in an attempt to get an adapter for the rear view and was told that they do no have a CEC to Molex cable available. The wired cameras are all Voyager CEC cables. I have purchased two cables to modify to get the rear camera to work and so far it is a no-go. The camera is getting power, as I see the IR LED's at night, but I get no video output.

The switcher they sent me was an older model that is no longer manufactured by Riverpark (CVS 125). I suppose it could be the problem. Riverpark did supply me with the pinouts for the 6-pin Molex on the switcher.

The custom cable Winnebago sent me had zero functionality for this installation. They sent my some parts fill in around the switch blanks. They don't fit anywhere in this new bezel.

I was charged $65 by La Mesa RV to have the items shipped from Winnebago to them. (REALLY?). I was also charged $25 shipping by Riverpark for the wrong adapter cable.

Am I alone in having issues like this?

I honestly don't care much about the side view cameras because I prefer to keep my eyes on the road and my mirrors when changing lanes. I rely on the Rear View camera to make sure my Jeep dinghy is safe and sound.

I really don't understand why I am having to deal with something that should be covered as a safety issue. The loudness of the squeal is significant and can be set off by lightly touching the volume knob by mistake while driving. Sadly, I am the second owner of this rig and have no warranty coverage.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice that any of you can give.

Peter D.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2187.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	186054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	186055  

Name:	IMG_2318.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	186056  
pdamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 08:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Update!!

I received the information I needed from Winnebago to fix the small error. I had connected the White video wire instead of the Clear video wire from the rear camera. Error repaired and all is well now.

Thank you Tommy at Winnebago Customer Assistance!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2352.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	186297  
pdamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi Peter,
It is excellent to have these photos and your explanation for those replacing the Jensen radio. Glad you have the radio and all three cameras working well.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5

Tags
replacement, replace, v10, radio, ace