Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hughs Auto protector may have saved me big time

We set up camp at one of our favorite campgrounds for the weekend Friday afternoon. Plugged in our Hughs Protector and it went thru it’s auto checks and everything was fine. Checked the voltage using the Bluetooth feature and it was 115-117. Not perfect but it is 95 degrees out. Today we were having lunch when everything shut down. I went outside and the other neighbors were fine. I saw the red indicator on at the face of the protector. I brought it up on the Bluetooth and it showed 105V. I go to the office to have a maintenance guy stop by. The office calls me back and the maintenance guy told them just have me NOT use my protector!! Huh?

I checked 3 open sites near me and they all registered 115V. So I asked if I could move my rig. The lady was very understanding so that’s what we did. Took a while to break things down and move, but in the 95 degree heat, no AC is not an option.

So that Hughes protector saved me quite a bit of aggravation and $$$$. I’m sure the other protectors available would have done the same thing, it’s just that I decided on the Hughes.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote