Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2024, 08:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Help! “Prepped for” Furrion and Tire Linc????

Hello, I am looking for info on the pre-wired options on a 2024 Micro Minnie 2108FBS. Have searched and just need to know the scoop on the Furrion back up camera and the Tire Linc tpms systems.

Are they really plug and play?

The stealership wants huge money for small stuff.
Dual lithium batteries $2k
2000w inverter install $4k
Install their Blu Ox they sell for $130

Is the rear mount for the camera actually wired back to the power?
The side camera mounts must be wired as they use power from the side marker lights

Is the puck for the Tire Linc actually powered?
Hoping all I would need to do is attach the puck to the bracket and add tire stem sensors.
Should the tire stems be metal to handle the sensor weight?
I assume the wheels do not have the standard tpms that are on tow vehicle tires lately.

They say the inverter prep is not really prepped at all and they have to run all wiring, trying to charge $50 for each outlet, etc. schematics I see show they are all on the same circuit.

Any and all help appreciated! My search here has shown some info on this but not the specific answers I need.
Thx! Bill
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:31 PM   #2
Site Team

As you suspect… your dealer is a crook and he’s trying to steal your hard earned money.

Certainly, if you have to hire out projects like this they are going to cost more than if you could do this work yourself. I’d guess his pricing is at least 30% over what other folks would charge for those jobs.

I’d cross that dealer off my list and never contact him again.

Hang around and other folks with experience with your specific TT will show up to answer your more specific questions.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks amundo!

I know they are really ridiculous, thanks for confirming!! $2000 for dual batteries is just robbery.
Hope others will help me out ont the tire line and backup camera questions!
Bill
Old 03-13-2024, 08:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The price of LiPo4 batteries depends on the brand, Battle Born batteries are about $900 ea., while new companies are selling for much less but may not have the additional features of Battle Born.
This is an example of you really do get what you pay for.
As to the 2000W inverter/charter; I was quoted $4,000 to install a new Xantrex 2012 inverter/charger just last week.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Ray!

Ray, thanks for the info!!!
I totally agree with battery quality as you suggest, in fact I was in that industry before I retired. With the new car battery plant in TN there will be a huge price drop soon, no more reliance on china!
They are quoting “Precision” batteries, not sure those are premium ones.
Anyone have any info on the camera and tire linc prep?
Really hoping to plug those in myself…
TIA, Bill
Old 03-14-2024, 09:15 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmlunt View Post
With the new car battery plant in TN there will be a huge price drop soon, no more reliance on china!
Woah there… the Spring Hill battery plant is making a totally different chemistry and type of battery than the type used in current LiFePO4 batteries being used in RVs. So, at this point there is no one other than China making cells/pouches used in RV LFP batteries.

The GM Ultium plant is making cells for (mostly) GM EV Car batteries, reportedly using Lithium Ion chemistry. These are not the Lithium Iron Phosphate prismatic cells used in our batteries.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I bought the tire linc system and it comes with everything needed whether you are prepped or not. (The pre-installed bracket that is included on your trailer was also included in the kit.) It is really as easy as you suspect. You just drop the controller (puck) in the pre-installed mount bracket, install the valve stem caps, and pair them. (you need the phone app). It was pretty simple.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thx!

Thanks for the confirmation Trax!
Dealers have tried to tell me that prepped doesn’t really mean much (like screwing on the bracket) and still needs to be wired.
I could not see a schematic showing this, but Winnie Towables said both tire monitoring and cameras should be plug and play - they are very helpful!!!
Glad it worked out well for you!
Bill
Old 03-17-2024, 08:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Help prepped for Furrion

The micromini and mini are wired for the rear camera. However the wire is hot at all times so your camera will always be on. Furron rear camera units typically are switched by connecting to the rear running lights. With little effort you can reach the adjacent running light wiring and pull the wires through the opening and attach to your camera. I also found the camera bracket Winnebago provides needs to be replaced with the Furron mounting plate. Be sure to use some sealant along the top of your new bracket to prevent moisture from entering your trailer.
Highpockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Well that is lame, any idea where the wire connects inside the trailer harness?
Would rather move the pickup point to a circuit with the running lights at the source rather than cut into running lights wiring…
How about the side cameras. Those must tap into same power at the running lights for the side markers?
Thx! Bill
Old 03-19-2024, 07:45 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
How about the side cameras. Those must tap into same power at the running lights for the side markers?
Side cameras? On a Micro Minnie? Since when is that a thing?
Old 03-19-2024, 07:51 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

On my trailer the running light was only about 2” from the camera mount and I was able to tie in my camera wiring utilizing the same connection to the running light. Just lucky perhaps. I was never able to get a wiring diagram for trailer wiring. Interior wiring diagrams readily available from manufacturer. I have been trying to add a center high mount stop lamp on my trailer. This is proving to be a difficult endeavor.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

The MM 2108TBS comes prepped

The trailer comes prepped for side mount cameras, with brackets and wiring.
Looks like the side markers will be replaced with the camera/light combo from the kit.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:54 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
The trailer comes prepped for side mount cameras, with brackets and wiring.
Looks like the side markers will be replaced with the camera/light combo from the kit.
Wow, I see that now. That's a new one on me. Good to know.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:16 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Cool. I was reading these cameras can also be equipped as security cameras and can sound an alarm inside your trailer and also connect to your cell phone if you are away.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:03 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

On my 2022 the furion connector for the rear canners is not powered unless your running lights are on. I can’t speak for the side cameras or newer models. It doesn’t make sense that they would always be hot. I installed a halo view with adapters to fit the fusion mount and connector. I really don’t find a lot of value in having the rear camera. I mostly use it for merging but honestly I feel like the trailer is small enough it’s really not needed.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 08:27 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Thx Wayne!
Guess I will have to wait to see how the power operates on my new 2024 when I receive it. Doesn’t make sense that it is powered all the time, unless the motion sensor keeps it “off”, and wakes for a short time, then shuts down again. This may be a new feature. Kinda like a Ring Camera.
Highpockets reports the camera is always hot, not just with running lights. Not sure if that would shut off if trailer plug is disconnected. Don’t want the parasitic drain.
Hoping the side cameras will help with merging, the mirrors on the Jeep GC are so dinky, and not sure I want the Clearview mirror at $1000 per pair. Hoping the trailer is narrow enuf to see.
Thx! Bill
Old 04-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

My 2024 2327TB the Furrion camera only comes on with the running lights.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Was your 2024 trailer preped for a Furrion or did you need to change the mount? Also, do you have a booth or table/chairs configuration?
Old 04-03-2024, 02:39 PM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Our 2024 2327TB was pre-wired for Furrion rear (and side) cameras, we moved our Furrion camer from our last trailer to it with no problems.

We have the fold out couch with table arrangement/ option in our trailer.

We are preparing to install Lipro battery and inverter ourselves and hope to post the results in several weeks.
rdw123 is offline   Reply With Quote