Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-24-2022, 01:24 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Installing a Furrion Vision S system on my 2529RG

I am in the process of installing a 3-camera Furrion Vision S on my 2529RG. Installed everything (using the Voyager power wires after cutting off their plug), started the truck and turned on the running lights. Side cameras worked great but not rear camera signal. Went through some troubleshooting steps and found nothing wrong. So I plugged the camera off and plugged into the monitor, and it worked fine.

So, using my multimeter, I tested the "Voyager" leads and nothing. No power. I pulled the center LED running light out and it appeared it had different wires than what the "Voyager" leads did. What the heck????? That was last night and I decided to let it rest until today. While I was buttoning up the trailer, I looked at the fuse panel and there was a red led lite. Yup, a fuse had blown. So, I replaced it and let it all rest for the night.

This morning, I decided to test the "Voyager" wires and low & behold, there is now is power. When I cut off the plug (both wires at the same time as the truck was not hooked up to the) it must have blown the fuse and which means, there is always power going to the "Voyager" wires. Vision states if you wire the camera directly to the battery, it s/b placed on a switch but I have no idea where to install a switch and even if I want to. Plus, I don't know what else it on the circuit and therefore, don't want to use the fuse as a switch (among other reasons).

Has anyone else used the "Voyager" leads to power your rearview camera and if so, did you have it running all the time? I wish you could turn the cameras off and on via the monitor, but as far as I can tell, you can't. (Hint, hint Furrion - software upgrade??)
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install