Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Converter Location

Where is the converter located in the 2006 Outlook 329B?
JimandSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I did a quick look and do not see it on the drawings but I would "almost" guess at the location.
The 110AC comes into the 30 amp fuse or breaker in the control center and is then passed on to other smaller breakers which feed the AC to the converter. The converter uses the 110 AC to make the 12VDC which is wired back to the control center fuses/ breakers at the right side of the control center.

What all that means is that it is often really handy and cheaper for them to put the converter very near the control center, to avoid running wires a long distance to and from it!
So I would expect it to be found under or behind the control center, where you may need to pry off a section of paneling to access it if really needed.

But before doing the work to get a look at it, you might look for easier ways to sort the problem if you are trying to fix something. The idea is that you have the power in and power out on the breakers for testing the operation of the converter.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

JimandSusan, assuming it is working you can sometimes find the converter by listening for its cooling fan. Turn everything off that makes noise and then turn on every item that runs on 12VDC like a bunch of lights including those in your basement compartments and then listen for the cooling fan to come on. If all your lights are LEDs, you may need to turn other things on like vent fans but their noise makes it harder to hear the converter fan. Note this only works if you have 110VAC power to your converter - either shore power or generator. Generator noise will make it harder to hear the converter fan though.

Also, a lot of times Winnebago put them under the refrigerator but not always. Look for a brown metal panel.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I like morich did a quick look see and could not find the convertor location or a mention of it.

You may want to take alook here yourself, you may find it.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Good Luck safe travels
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Even though it's not mentioned on the wiring diagrams... I did find it on the parts list - its under the fridge built into the Load Center. Which is exactly where most converters are located. Some are built into a one-piece load center and some are separate located behind the load center or near it.

There is a small 300w inverter and it's installed near the front TV and the entertainment cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.48.40 AM.png
Views:	66
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	177625  

Tags
cat, converter