Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Where is the converter located in the above mentioned coach? I have a brown plastic grill cover of sorts below and slightly left of the fridge.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Where is the converter located in the above mentioned coach? I have a brown plastic grill cover of sorts below and slightly left of the fridge.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our motorhome is in storage right now so I can't run out and check but if I remember correctly if you take the bottom drawer out of the kitchen cabinet that is just to the left of the fridge you will find what you are looking for. As I remember it it was in the same area as the outside side mounted radio as I was checking that out when I found the converter.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:21 AM   #4
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Easyrider:
Our motorhome is in storage right now so I can't run out and check but if I remember correctly if you take the bottom drawer out of the kitchen cabinet that is just to the left of the fridge you will find what you are looking for. As I remember it it was in the same area as the outside side mounted radio as I was checking that out when I found the converter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is good info to know as I had to replace my converter in my previous 5ver and it was pretty easy to get at.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

JC2. My 110v to 12V converter just quit. I had just installed new batteries and after a week of sitting they went dead. Dealer was working on another item for me when he called and said the converter was bad. Maybe thats why my orgional batteries went dead! Anyway the converter is located under the stove under the larger drawer and actually on mounted to the floor. Have to pull the drawer out to see it. Also has 2 fuse on one side you need to check, it if every quits. Check fuses before you say its toast. Converter cost was $135 plus labor to install. Lucky for me I have an extended warrenty that covered the most all the cost.
Also my unit does not have an oven under the stove as we have the convection/microwave. So if you have an oven yours may be someplace else. The large brown grill you mentioned is the "Bass Woofer" for the surround sound system associated with the DVD/VCR player! Surround sound...have you tried it yet. Plug in a DVD and crank up the DVD player sound setting it to ProLogic. You will hear the Woofer talking to you!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevegd007:
JC2. My 110v to 12V converter just quit. I had just installed new batteries and after a week of sitting they went dead. Dealer was working on another item for me when he called and said the converter was bad. Maybe thats why my orgional batteries went dead! Anyway the converter is located under the stove under the larger drawer and actually on mounted to the floor. Have to pull the drawer out to see it. Also has 2 fuse on one side you need to check, it if every quits. Check fuses before you say its toast. Converter cost was $135 plus labor to install. Lucky for me I have an extended warrenty that covered the most all the cost.
Also my unit does not have an oven under the stove as we have the convection/microwave. So if you have an oven yours may be someplace else. The large brown grill you mentioned is the "Bass Woofer" for the surround sound system associated with the DVD/VCR player! Surround sound...have you tried it yet. Plug in a DVD and crank up the DVD player sound setting it to ProLogic. You will hear the Woofer talking to you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We had to replace the converter on our 5ver that we traded in as it kept boiling the batteries so I've got some experiance if it needs to be done again. Is that a picture of ur toad in the pic of ur rig. The wife has a Hyundai 4wd and I have a Ford Ranger AT, 4x4 so I'm probably going to have to buy a flatbed trailer to tow either one. I should be ok on the weight as the vehicles weigh around 3300# and the trailer about 2200#. This will probably put me at about 5500# total for the coach to pull.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is that a picture of ur toad in the pic of ur rig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JC2. Yes! Thats our toad and rig. The Honda is a manual, need to do nothen "extra" special to tow, weight is something like 2800 lbs. Using a BrakeBuddy & Falcon 2 tow system. Have towed to Washington and back to So Cal., out to PA and up to MI and back. Going to New Mexico in mid Feb. Have had no problems towing the Honda Civic. Also gets 35 mph on the highway..not too shabby!

You should be OK at 5500 lbs, towing a trailer and car. Watch the hitch weight, believe Winne has set the "tongue" weight at 500 lbs. Check your books to be sure. If you have a dual axel trailer, I would think your tongue weight would not be that high. Good luck with your choice!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote